1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

ICS compatibility

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bluecheez, Jan 7, 2012.

1. bluecheez

bluecheez Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    C eh, N eh, D eh ;o)
    when ics is released next week, what devices will be notified? From what I was told, my Asus t101 will receive notice, but what about the LG Optimus One? If I have to seek it out, will it be on the LG website?
    Aaaand... how will I know if the phone will work well with it?

....yes, I'm over my head in the tech world, please show mercy.

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Hey bluecheez... Where did you hear that?

The source code for ICS was released by Google some time back in November, I think. I'm not sure about your devices, but I know that ICS may not be coming to the Desire HD (but that's not 100% yet)... I know that HTC intend to roll it out to other devices that have a similar (or lesser) spec than mine.

I think you might be best checking with your network provider / the phone manufacturer, to see if they can give you an idea of whether your phone is compatible and, if so, when you are likely to see ICS rolling out. Often, networks roll out their own twist on the firmware, adding their bloatware to the system and so it may take a little longer!

elecxonica and bluecheez like this.
  3. bluecheez

bluecheez Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    C eh, N eh, D eh ;o)
    thank you for replying :) I was just googling the ICS and was relying on what the various tech sites were writing regarding the release date.
    As for my lil tablet getting a message automatically, I read that in the tablet forum.... unless I misunderstood (not a huge stretch!)

thanks again :eek:

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    No problemo... had seen that you'd had no response, so thought I'd jump in and try to give you an answer!

With phones, network providers usually like to add stuff (like their game demos, etc.) and then push out notifications to phones.

Generally, if you have an unbranded phone, you would get any update OTA before a carrier branded phone, as non-branded devices get their updates directly from the phone manufacturers.

I don't think you've misunderstood regarding the tablet... I would imagine that you would get a notification once the manufacturer has got ICS ready for your device.

bluecheez likes this.
  5. bluecheez

bluecheez Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    C eh, N eh, D eh ;o)
    haha, ya, I was feelin' pretty unloved up till now :rolleyes: