• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS... CSC are you eligible for an update?

There is a way around your problem. You could use the method discussed here to root your phone and then install Mobile Odin from the Play Store and flash the latest firmware without using a PC.

Tried 3x too get this root to work....I went back and noticed on the top of the XDA thread that it only works for ICS phones. I'm glad that you showed me mobile odin....now I just got too get the phone ready for it.

Upvote 0
Tried 3x too get this root to work....I went back and noticed on the top of the XDA thread that it only works for ICS phones. I'm glad that you showed me mobile odin....now I just got too get the phone ready for it.

Knickers!

I hadn't actually used it myself but came across it yesterday in the All Things Root forum.

However, Mobile Odin should be able to take care of your flashing requirements and then, if you wish, you can root afterwards.

Reactions: BCwrangler
Upvote 0
Knickers!

I hadn't actually used it myself but came across it yesterday in the All Things Root forum.

However, Mobile Odin should be able to take care of your flashing requirements and then, if you wish, you can root afterwards.

I just tried that but Mobile Odin gives me a error message "SuperUser access is needed, but could not be acquired......"

I have a friend with a older laptop(apparently runs like crap) that I will try Odin on, or I will go buy another laptop for a spare. I spent most of the day reading the rooting/flashing guides that you and others built.....awesome job and thank you!

Upvote 0
Afternoon all :)

PDA: I9100XWKH1
PHONE: I9100XXKG5
CSC: I9100XEUKH1
Model number GT-I9100
Andriod version 2.3.4
Baseband version: I9100XXKG5
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKH1-CL431225 root@DELL87 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKH1

Bought from Tesco (dec 2011) and on contract to T-Mobile (UK)

I've read all this thread now and just wanted to clarify a point or two...
My CSC is XEU, so therefore I should be able to update via Kies. But can't - your device does not support upgrading via Kies.
It's not (as far as I'm aware) ever been rooted, back to a samsung centre or anything like that.

If I were to flash it with LP7 as provided by Ironass in post 236 (Hotfile seems to have removed LPF) would it cause me any problems other than not upgrading via Kies (which I can't do anyway..)?

Many thanks in advance!

Col

Providing you follow the instructions for flashing very carefully, then XEU firmware will cause you no problems other than it will revert your phone to its factory condition and so you should make a backup of your files, etc. and make sure you are fully sync'd with Contacts, Calender, etc; with your Google account. There are several threads in the forum, some by me, describing this.

However, if, as you say, your phone is as it was, out-of-the-box, you could take it to a Samsung Service Point and explain that you cannot update and ask them to do it for you.

Reactions: Col101
Upvote 0
I just tried that but Mobile Odin gives me a error message "SuperUser access is needed, but could not be acquired......"

I have a friend with a older laptop(apparently runs like crap) that I will try Odin on, or I will go buy another laptop for a spare. I spent most of the day reading the rooting/flashing guides that you and others built.....awesome job and thank you!

Damn!

You're in a Catch 22 situation. You need to be rooted to use Mobile Odin and the only way you can do that running Gingerbread is by using the PC Odin for Windows. If you can just borrow someone's PC then use this guide for rooting.

Once rooted then you can use Mobile Odin and once updated to ICS you can use that rooting method if need be.

If you have any further questions on rooting, can I suggest posting them on the All Things Root section of the SGSII forum please.

Reactions: BCwrangler
Upvote 0
Providing you follow the instructions for flashing very carefully, then XEU firmware will cause you no problems other than it will revert your phone to its factory condition and so you should make a backup of your files, etc. and make sure you are fully sync'd with Contacts, Calender, etc; with your Google account. There are several threads in the forum, some by me, describing this.

However, if, as you say, your phone is as it was, out-of-the-box, you could take it to a Samsung Service Point and explain that you cannot update and ask them to do it for you.

Flashed successfully!

PDA: I9100XWLP7
PHONE: I9100XXLP5
CSC: I9100XEULP5
Build info: Tues Apr 3 19:44:49 KST 2012

Thanks for all your great threads and posts, Ironass!

Upvote 0
Hi all.
I know it's been asked a thousand times but Kies comes up with the line above when connected.
My Wife also has a Galaxy S2 and has updated to ICS with no problems, plus both phones from the same shop in the UK (Tesco T-mobile)?

The details are:-
PDA : I9100XWKH1
PHONE : I9100XXKG5
CSC : I9100XEUKH1

Any ideas chaps? Or is it a case of wait till somebody releases ICS for my firmware?
Don't fancy flashing ROMS via Odin etc too!

Also #2 states XEU has been released already?
Have i got myself a dodgy phone? :thinking:

Any help would be greatly recieved

Upvote 0
Hi ironass

As I understand, read all the topic, I can Kies upgrade to ICS 4.0.3 my S2 which is

PDA: I9100jpkj2
phone: I9100XXKI4
csc: I9100Ojpkj1
Biuild: Thu Oct 13 13:50:39

This is IRAQ releated mobile, but in post#1 I saw that ICS is ready.

Am i right?

Thanks a lot.

Hello and welcome to android Forums BeWolf! :)

Yes, you are correct. As per post #2, ICS, Android 4.0.3, has been released for CSC code OJP, Iraq.

Reactions: BeWolf
Upvote 0
Hi all.
I know it's been asked a thousand times but Kies comes up with the line above when connected.
My Wife also has a Galaxy S2 and has updated to ICS with no problems, plus both phones from the same shop in the UK (Tesco T-mobile)?

The details are:-
PDA : I9100XWKH1
PHONE : I9100XXKG5
CSC : I9100XEUKH1

Any ideas chaps? Or is it a case of wait till somebody releases ICS for my firmware?
Don't fancy flashing ROMS via Odin etc too!

Also #2 states XEU has been released already?
Have i got myself a dodgy phone? :thinking:

Any help would be greatly recieved

Any ideas Ironass?

Upvote 0
Thanks

That means - install Kies - connect mobile with USB - Check on Kies on PC firmware update and follow the instructions?/

Possible to revert, if needed?

This is indeed available, as you say, via Kies.

To revert back to Gingerbread firmware you will need to enter... *#1234# into your dial pad, before updating, and make a note of the 4 lines of code which show your current firmware.

You would then have to download this firmware and flash it with Odin, as per post #1.

Reactions: BeWolf
Upvote 0
This is indeed available, as you say, via Kies.

To revert back to Gingerbread firmware you will need to enter... *#1234# into your dial pad, before updating, and make a note of the 4 lines of code which show your current firmware.

You would then have to download this firmware and flash it with Odin, as per post #1.

Great, master chief!
Thanks.

Do i need root?

Upvote 0
To update via Kies... No.

This would be an official firmware update issued by Samsung to your CSC code.

As you mentioned in some post page#3, Kies doesn't like O codes mobiles...
Kies said to me that 2.3.5 is the lastest firmware

Going to Sam Mobile i found ICS only for that mobile

PDA: I9100JPLPC
CSC: I9100OJPLP9
Version: 4.0.3
Date: 2012-05-01
Regions: Arabic

And mine is

PDA: I9100JPKJ2
CSC: I9100OJPKJ1

Should I wait? Or i can flash...

Upvote 0
It would appear that so far, OJP, has only been released for Iraq. You may want to wait if you are not in Iraq... if not, you can flash it via Odin, see post #1, if you feel competent.

Thanks for keeping this track!)
Does Kies detects location? How do they know where am i?

I would try to flash with ODIN. But which firmware should I take to ICS flash.?

Upvote 0
Thanks for keeping this track!)
Does Kies detects location? How do they know where am i?

I would try to flash with ODIN. But which firmware should I take to ICS flash.?

They use your CSC and firmware codes. So, for instance, you could have a Nordic phone with a Swedish language pack and be living in Australia and it would update it to the latest Nordic firmware.

If you want the Iraq OJP firmware now... you will have to flash it with Odin. See post #1.

Upvote 0
Hi. Im new to this, so please forgive my ignorance. I hope im doing this correctly.
I am in New Zealand, and bought my S2 online, out of Hong Kong.
My *#1234# says CSC. i9100OJPKJ1, so I assumed the CSC would be OJP (Iraq), but when I connect phone to Kies, it says that my CSC is KJ1 (MID). I cannot find KJ1 on the list, but MID is United Arab Emrates Which one do you think it would be. Kies also tells me that I have the latest firmware even though OJP (Iraq) is in bold. ?? Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi. Im new to this, so please forgive my ignorance. I hope im doing this correctly.
I am in New Zealand, and bought my S2 online, out of Hong Kong.
My *#1234# says CSC. i9100OJPKJ1, so I assumed the CSC would be OJP (Iraq), but when I connect phone to Kies, it says that my CSC is KJ1 (MID). I cannot find KJ1 on the list, but MID is United Arab Emrates Which one do you think it would be. Kies also tells me that I have the latest firmware even though OJP (Iraq) is in bold. ?? Many thanks.

Strange... but not unheard of.

I'm guessing that the vendor had a whole batch of i9100's with United Arab Emirates, (MID), firmware, which would restrict sales to that market, and has flashed the OJP, Open, firmware over it to cover a wider area and thus increase their market. This practice by vendors has been mentioned several times in this thread.

You can...

1. Take this up with the vendor

2. Take it to a Samsung Service Point and explain the situation and hopefully they will flash an update for you.

3. Referring to post #1 under, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!", flash a firmware yourself.

Upvote 0
ironass.

Hi again. Didn't find a CSC for my mobile, so went to some store where lot of friends of mine purchased mobiles. They want 100$ to install ICS !!! SO i decidd to make a read read on xda-developers and here.

Please, advice, if I'm on correct way.

My mobile is: OJPKJ1 (CSC) and OJPKJ2 (PDA). Kies says this is latest firemware ( Android 2.6.35)

I found the following:

[ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7/G/9/W/D/F Download - xda-developers

XWLPF
Android 4.0.3

This package has: PDA: XWLPF| Modem/phone: XXLPX| CSC: XEULP5

XWLPF Stock Kernel:
Password: intratech@XDA

Individual CSC Packages

Arabic OJPKG1 CSC: http://uploadmirrors.com/download/0A...I9100OJPKG1.7z

-----------
As i understand for ODIN flashing it's relevant only XWLPF package and specific CSC (Arabic OJPKG1 CSC), which should be added to Odin as PDA and CSC. No modem file.

And after that following the guide?

Thanks

Upvote 0
ironass.

Didn't find a CSC for my mobile

What is wrong with OJP, ICS, (Android 4.0.3), here?

so went to some store where lot of friends of mine purchased mobiles. They want 100$ to install ICS !!!

I could be a millionaire!

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you intend flashing XWLPF, ICS, (Android 4.0.3), which comes with a European language pack, and then you propose to flash a CSC for OJP, Gingerbread, (Android 2.3.6), to get the language pack you need?

Upvote 0
What is wrong with OJP, ICS, (Android 4.0.3), here?

I could be a millionaire!

So, correct me if I'm wrong, you intend flashing XWLPF, ICS, (Android 4.0.3), which comes with a European language pack, and then you propose to flash a CSC for OJP, Gingerbread, (Android 2.3.6), to get the language pack you need?

/What is wrong with OJP, ICS, (Android 4.0.3), here?/

Now I'm totally confused. This archive (I didn't find it not on this site, neither samfirmware or xda-developers) includes 4 files.
I quess, this is the one I need I9100_CODE_I9100JPLPC_CL537255_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5

But why is it 4 files inside?

And could I use this one?
XXLPQ -- Update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0 Official Firmware Manually

Nevertheless, Kies is not relevant after Odin, so...

If I will want to reverse (I have some my job related app, not sure it will work on ICS, can't try it on other phone -
Flash this one: AndroidFirmwares.net - Download Firmware ?

10x

Indeed -)) 1$ for each flash)
Actually, I planned to update to 4.0.3 only. It should have all languages I need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones