1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General ICS? Everyone but USA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arparaspolo, Apr 27, 2012.

1. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Why does everyone else in the world get ICS Q2 and we are still in Dev&Planning? The website hasn't been updated since 15-Feb-2012 so hopefully our status has changed to a Q2 ETA.

Just talking to myself....:tomato::dong:

Advertisement

2. Ultimateone

Ultimateone Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Boston
    End of May/Early June most likely

3. arparaspolo

None

I'm hoping to get "soaked" before then ;)

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    Because that document hasn't been updated in 2 and half months. And even then it was wrong. Coincidentally every Verizon device was in Evaluation & Planning while the non-Verizon branded versions where much further along. What must have happened is Verizon refused to let Motorola release any information about their progress.

Given we had a leak about a month ago, and just about everyone running it are ecstatic about how well it runs they are definitely way past evaluation (especially since they've already DEVELOPED the software). The end of may looks pretty likely.

bsweetness likes this.
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Ha, ha. Did you even read everything there?

Updated: 15-February-2012

That's over two months ago. A lot changes in two months. We know for a fact that they're well beyond "evaluation and planning" based off the fully functional leak that came out several weeks ago. That page means absolutely nothing.

6. CharlieD

CharlieD Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Male
    UNIX/Linux System Admin
    Greece, NY
  7. bsweetness

None

Sep 2, 2010
  8. arparaspolo

None

I don't believe the screen shots. Just like the Best Buy screen shot and everyone that was "So Sure" it was coming lol. They all look like idiots now. Haha. I know it hasn't been updated in over 2 months. I wrote that in the OP. That is what I am mostly frustrated by. I know we are way passed eval and planning. I wish someone in the MOTO or Verizon camp would say something. ANYTHING. In regards to ICS. I keep putting off going to the leak because I believe we are close.

9. bsweetness

None

Sep 2, 2010
    Then why post the link (a link that's been posted countless times since mid-February), particularly with this title, if you knew it was outdated and inaccurate? If you just wanted to vent frustration over the lack of details, there are several threads for that already, including this most recent one. A thread like this just adds more inaccurate fuel to the rumor fire.

I don't put much stock in anything besides official announcements, and even then I take those with a grain of salt. But what I was saying was that the most recent screenshot combined with the appearance of a leaked update that matches the information in the screenshot lends a little more credibility to the recent rumors than the previous ones. Even so, no one should place all of their hopes and dreams of an update in the rumors like so many seemed to a few weeks ago.

10. arparaspolo

None

I posted it in case there was someone reading this that hasn't seen it so I didn't have to explain myself. I didn't want to cloud up others' threads. And it being old was my point. It is outdated and for that fact alone in this situation, it is inaccurate. I believe we are in a Q2 time frame along with everyone else. As for those who believe everything they see on the internet, well, they are hilariously idiotic and quite entertaining. lol.

11. wxman2003

wxman2003 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 2, 2010