1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS for optimus V? (rooted)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by manchuriaceo, Dec 19, 2012.

1. manchuriaceo

manchuriaceo Member

I have found a few threads about ICS for optimus V but they leave me even more confused so, anyone knows ICS ROM for optimus V or ICS based custom ROM that is not in alpha or barely alpha state?

Link to the rom please?!

By the way, I have a second question. If an app is intended to work let's say android 4.0 and up, does it work in a custom ROM based on android 4.0?

Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. manchuriaceo

manchuriaceo Member

I was there earlier, that's where my confusion began!

I could not find out if their latest release has the camera bug and such.

Also, despite holding a CS degree, there are a few technical (well not technical since the term "ROM" alone is wrongly used in phones) terms I haven't got clear that make android a nightmare for me. I know my phone has clockworkmod, but what in the !@#$^ is cyanogenmod? All I know is that I managed to root my phone and it runs froyo 2.2.1

It must be a custom rom since it lacks all the junk that shiped with the stock froyo. So by the way, can a phone be rooted and run its original rom?

Then I read you can't use rom manager to install cold as ice and going further on a thread I read you can't use clockworkmod either...

So I guess I should just tell my phone "get the rom installed" and it will magically do so.

And I was talking about Google now, although it is shipping out on jelly bean. But I already read a thread about getting it on ice cream.

3. Earthnfire78

Earthnfire78 Well-Known Member

The Clockworkmod is talking about the recovery installed by Rom Manager. There are a few recoveries that are Clockworkmod based that you can use, like COT, ZenGarden, CWM-Green or BobzHome's Recovery.

4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Yea, download one of those recovery's from the ATR Sticky here:
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...ll-things-root-guide-updated-12-2-2012-a.html

And flash it with this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...jci5yZWNvdmVyeS5pbnN0YWxsYXRpb24udXRpbGl0eSJd
    And follow the app's directions. After flshing the recovery, wait 10 seconds before rebooting. Let us know if there are any problems flashing it. And yea, ROM stands for Read-Only Memory, I don't think it's completely the wrong name since that's where it goes on the phone after it's flashed.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews