1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS for our SG2 due QTR 1 - Officail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greggebhardt, Dec 20, 2011.

1. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

ultradroid and Puddin422 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that doesn't mean that AT&T will roll it out right away. But I'm rooted so most likely I'll have it before it's even rolled out officially :)

3. greggebhardt

I am running the International model on AT&T. I am not so crazy about putting ICS on my SG2. I used it on my Nexus and did not like it at all!

4. mattyboyo

mattyboyo Member

How much of what you didn't like will be fixed by samsung when they put touchwiz over the top of ics? Even stuff like the task manager on the gs2 is touchwiz not gingerbread.

5. John Adams

John Adams Newbie

I think the purpose of ICS is that it remains as it is and will be the same on every phone. No touchwiz, no sense, etc.

6. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Frankly, my S2 is running just great on Gingerbread (except battery life still sucks after 2.3.6). I don't care if we EVER get ICS. It's just one more thing to bog down my phone.

7. smh

8. (G)

(G) Android Expert

"s" or "n" ?

9. ???

10. (G)

(G) Android Expert

shaking or nodding

11. greggebhardt

I will not put ICS on my SG2. I tried ICS with the Nexus and was not impressed. I will wait for the GS3. :p

12. surf1

surf1 Member

There's a few things I like about ICS but I don't see what all the hype is, I'd rather rom and theme our OS. Plus the current TouchWhiz is really nice, most overlays I don't care for built over android, but TouchWhiz is great.

13. schwenger

schwenger Member

Yeah, the music player at lock screen, sms from lock screen, left and right gestures to call/text, the ability to enter a persons name in the dialer to call them, options like wifi in the notification area and hardware acceleration have really made me a fan. These are all things stock android should have and even though I wish there was a little more customization abilities in touchwiz it's by far the best stock skin. Plus theres nothing another custom launcher/rom couldn't fix either.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews