• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS Installer for all the leaks.

Just a few words of advice. You should make it known to people, (Especially Newcomers that may not know) that by using this utility and loading either version of the ICS leaks, .84/.85. They will be taken off the OTA Upgrade path possibly permanently, unless a fix is found. If a fix can be found at all, it`s not guaranteed. If you try to use RSD Lite or any other method for that matter, to revert to an older firmware, you WILL soft brick your RAZR/MAXX. There is a fix:adore: known to un-brick but, it will only take you back to a working device, that will still be stuck on the .84 or .85 leak you loaded to begin with. Not to mention that if you loose root during the process, there is no way to regain it. As none of the known rooting methods work with these builds of ICS. The only leaked build of stock ICS for the Razr/Maxx that you can downgrade from is the 6.14.75 version as of now, and would be the safest bet for someone wanting to check out ICS. You can downgrade as far back as you want with the .75 leak.

Reactions: Biotic
Upvote 0
Warning...
Sbf flashing doesnt work with a dead battery (found out hard way) if your razr soft bricks, the battery will Not Charge.

I know of a fix for you buddy :) get into bootloader by holding all three buttons, when the phone turns off let go of just the power button. From there go to bp tools and plug your phone to the wall to charge and then go back to stock :)

Upvote 0
Just found time to try this.
I first used this to try to go back to .173.... failed
Used RSD 5.6 to return to .744 and took the updates to .173
Used the above mentioned batch to root... success
Used the above to keep root with voodoo... success
Superuser was updated far enough to work with ICS without updating further
I then attempted to use this batch to install ICS... failed in reboot
decided to go back to using the ES file explorer method to install ICS
this worked and I was able to regain full root privileges with voodoo
This batch file may or may not work for you, I may have a corrupted file or driver somewhere. My best advice to all is to use caution when attempting this. Always have a backup plan in place if you are trying to do this.
My suggestion is to have RSD 5.6, The batch files from this post and the RAZR utility from batman. With all this in your repertoire, you should be able to get what you want to out of the ICS upgrade.
Or, you could wait a couple weeks, as the newest rumor on the streets is we will get this upgrade sometime around the end of the month. I, personally will not be holding my breath.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones