1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS Internet slow / Gingerbread fast but disconnects :(

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Philminator, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Philminator

Philminator Lurker

Hello everyone, I'm quite frustrated and haven't ever found a post identical to the issue I'm having, close but not the same. I have a Galaxy SII from Bell...stock. It's running Gingerbread and when I tether it to my PC it works incredibly fast considering im in the middle of nowhere but it frequently disconnects me from internet and when I walk over to my phone it's still perfectly connected to the internet just not my computer and I can't reconnect unless I hit tether to stop it and hit it again to start tether up. Then I'm good for a few hours at most. With ICS it never ever disconects me but my internet when I download off my phone is like twice as slow. Talk about luck huh? I had tried an unofficial ICS release from some foreign country months ago and ironically it had no issues, always stayed connected and it was fast. I'd go back to it but to be honest I just wanna keep my phone stock. I don't wanna have to use odin and flash this thing here and flash that thing there. Can anyone explain if ICS has been fixed or updated lately to fix this issue? by the way I've tried this on 3 different phones and it's all the same story so I know it's not just my main phone that does this odd thing where I just can't seem to win.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download