1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitesnake1, Oct 19, 2011.

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Advertisement

2. wilkster

wilkster Newbie

Where I come from this is called a week for week slip. Don't hold your breath. Happily my transformer is working very well as is.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I don't need to hold my breath. I'm simply enjoying the awesomeness of the Eee Pad on Honeycomb.

4. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

Straw that broke the camel's back.

ASUS Transformer put up for sale today, and I'll be replacing it with an iPad3 if I get another tablet.

I'm off the android merry-go-round.

5. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Android Enthusiast

really? personally id rather have the ASUS guys getting their ICS image right and ensuring its properly UAT'd before it gets released and breaks other stuff. HC is working fine as is, nothing to complain about, it does what i need it to do - is there really something that ICS has that you REALLY need besides how it looks and feels?

park13, Stuntman, rfortson and 5 others like this.
  6. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast

Good luck, may you never get the iStuffs that have issues......

7. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

Wot e' sed ....... absolutely :)

8. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

Rock on then. Some people are content to ride the android train and live with the prospect of having support for their device abandoned less than a year after its released.

Not me. I'm done

I dumped all my android phones in the last two weeks, got an i4S, and a 3GS for the wife...and it's a miracle, the 3GS had an up to date OS out the box...not bad for a 3 year old phone. I've love to see any android phone maker support their 3 year old phone with ICS.

Anyway, you do what you have to do, and I'll do the same. Once the Transformer is gone, I'll be android free and much happier. It's been a fun ride, but 3 years and 7 android phones later, my cup runneth over.

9. El Presidente

VIP Member

Fair play, iOS isn't for some. Like wise Android doesn't work out for folk either so you've got to go with what works best for you. :)

10. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Android Enthusiast

To be honest I'm not as excited about ICS on my Transformer as I am on my phone as I think it's more designed to bring phones up to a standard rather than advance tablet-tech.

That said, I'm keen to know what ICS will bring to the Transformer party in terms of additional / enhanced userability and support for third party kit.

11. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I agree. I briefly had a Samsung Nexus phone, so I got to use stock ICS. It's very different from what's on a stock phone, but only a little different from the OS that's on our TF's.
    It'll be cool to have, but it's not really life changing. :)

12. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast

If I bought ANY Android phone right now it would get an update right out of the box. So whatever. Apple builds some excellent crap but I can not and will not deal with iToons. Flexibility and dragndrop For The Win.

mchristjr1983 likes this.
  13. mchristjr1983

mchristjr1983 Newbie

i'm not exactly too worried about the stock update. the cyanogenmod9 rom is what i am hungry for :)

14. Shaddow313

Shaddow313 Newbie

Your obviously not a developer and perfer to be told what you can and can not do with your device. Do you rule the device or does it rule you, see with apple they restrict what you do so that they can sell another overpriced piece of garbage. Android = Freedom

15. El Presidente

VIP Member

Viber's made his choice, that's cool, it's his to make. If he's paying money for his devices, he's got to go with what works for him.

Lets move back to discussing ICS on the transformer. ;)

cabraswell and vosg like this.
  16. kcarter3

kcarter3 Newbie

i feel when ics comes it comes...my tf is fine. i played with the prime 2 days ago. my buddy has it. it is snappy... i like it but if i get ics i feel no need to upgrade. maybe thats reason for delay. get as many primes sold or switched out b4 the two are almost equal.

17. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

I read that Asus UK, Facebook account says that is coming next week. Anyone can confirm? :(

18. frondeskias

frondeskias Lurker

ICS is available now for Asus Transformer TF101. Just updated mine. Damn looks awesome. New Settings menu, structure and feel.

19. El Presidente

VIP Member

I just checked mine and nothing.

Are you US based or elsewhere Frondeskias?

20. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I'm in the U.S. and nothing here either. Asus is usually pretty good about simultaneous rollouts, so I'd take the news with a hopeful grain of salt. Maybe it's rolling out from east to west over the next couple of days.

21. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

mchristjr1983 and lunatic59 like this.
  22. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Android Enthusiast

I'm reliably informed that ICS for the TF101 is rolling out now in Taiwan. Hopefully it won't be too much longer in other countries.

23. mchristjr1983

mchristjr1983 Newbie

Chillin' at home with a cup of coffee. TF101 plugged in and sleep disabled. Sound cranked up and update screen up and waiting. This feels like Christmas 1990 waiting for my Red Ryder bb-gun. GRRRRRRRR C'MON!!!! :D

(edit)
    Asus UK's Facebook page says their update will be starting tomorrow

http://www.facebook.com/asus.uk?ref=ts

Fishyweb, murzz and El Presidente like this.
  24. El Presidente

VIP Member

If you're rooted but not running a custom ROM, it's a good idea to install OTA Rootkeeper if you want to keep root.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Root and updates to the transformer, but I'm using OTA Rootkeeper to temp unroot before I update, just in case root plays funny with the OTA.

25. DrMaus

DrMaus Lurker

How do I know where my tablet is from?? I'm from Argentina... Should I wait for US, UK, EU, Taiwan?

I being following this forum for a pretty long time, I just registered cause I'm so excited about this!!

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews