• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It's reached Suffolk in UK! Anyone know if you need to UN-root before applying?

My first attempt froze and showed exclamation mark in triangle next to Android robot

I unrooted using OTA rootkeeper, just to be on the safe side. After it updated, I rerooted using the same tool and it worked a charm.

Are you up and running now though? Do you have an alternative recovery image installed, the update won't install with clockwork.

Should it be upgraded in the dock or out...or does it not matter?

Shouldn't make a difference, I did it with mine in, but it would be cool without too.

Upvote 0
hey guys, warning, and yes i know its alredy known but for guys who havent used an ICS device yet:

the default browser has lost the user agent string setting i.e being able to say "desktop" or "mobile"

solution? download: ICS Browser+ if your into your default browser

Chrome is much nicer though! The only downside I've seen to the beta so far is that my middle wheel doesn't scroll. It's not a major issue, but annoying none the less.

Upvote 0
hey guys, warning, and yes i know its alredy known but for guys who havent used an ICS device yet:

the default browser has lost the user agent string setting i.e being able to say "desktop" or "mobile"

solution? download: ICS Browser+ if your into your default browser

The about:debug trick still works for changing the UA.

type "about:debug" (no quotes) in the address bar and hit go. It will appear to do nothing, but if you go to settings in the browser you have a debug category with a setting for AU string.

Choices are:

Android
Desktop
iPhone
iPad
Froyo-N1
Honeycomb-Xoom

Reactions: vosg
Upvote 0
I unrooted using OTA rootkeeper and had the same problem with the warning triangle.

I do have clockwork recovery installed, is that what is stopping it?

Will Google, but what is best way to remove clockwork?

Yeah, clockwork is stopping the update. As far as I'm aware, you can't use custom recoveries to install OTA's.

[TOOL] ASUS Update firmware repacker for ClockworkMod recovery - xda-developers

That looks potentially hopeful. It won't uninstall clockwork, but it looks to make the update.zips provided as OTA's installable with clockwork.

Upvote 0
The about:debug trick still works for changing the UA.

type "about:debug" (no quotes) in the address bar and hit go. It will appear to do nothing, but if you go to settings in the browser you have a debug category with a setting for AU string.

Choices are:

Android
Desktop
iPhone
iPad
Froyo-N1
Honeycomb-Xoom

Just did the "about:debug" thing and didn't have to actually get into the settings. Just went to the upper right of the screen and checked "request desktop site."

Upvote 0
Just did the "about:debug" thing and didn't have to actually get into the settings. Just went to the upper right of the screen and checked "request desktop site."

Yep, but that's a temporary setting. If you want to make it permanent, you need to change it in settings.

Reactions: Jelly Doughnut
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones