• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**ICS Jan 9 2012** Post here when you get it ...

Any more news on wifi performance away from the router and the now common dropping of wifi signal while streaming data via bluetooth (ie music)?

I was not expecting an increase in WiFi range / performance therefore its no surprise to me that there is none. I feel confident in saying that those issues will be improved when the firmware is capable of changing the shells physical properties...in other words never.

I have mine packed to ship back but neighbor was nice enough to let me check out ICS and test the WiFi + Bluetooth. The answer is no, the WiFi performance issue when streaming bluetooth has not been fixed. I also tested WiFi range and as expected it is the same.

Upvote 0
when i woke up this morning (6 am central) there was an update. installed and now i have ice cream sandwich. after installed i was prompted about another update, camera. installed and just rebooted. haven't played with it, but what little i've done, i am getting a lot of screen flicker and sometimes half the screen is little black horizontal bars.

Upvote 0
Ahh, ICS is sitting on my Prime now awaiting install. I've always been the kind of guy that waits a few days to install firmware updates etc. I like to see what kinds of problems come up so I can be ready with a solution and not spend days trying to figure it out...........anyway, it came in around 11:00pm EST as scheduled but I was about to go to bed. I'll get to it tonight after work. I can't wait from what I've read so far. I just hope I don't have a dreaded GLITCH.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... Can't find screenshot function anymore.

Found it...

Screenshot_2012-01-10-09-07-22.png

Reactions: JAy3001
Upvote 0
Just a question, what version of ICS is it?

It's listed on the post just prior to yours: 4.0.3.

And for the record, I went outside and turned on GPS Fix. Within 1 minute I had a lock for GPS, and it pinpointed me within a few yards of where I stood. WiFi seems about the same, no issues with it but not a full signal for me. But I don't get a full signal on my Epic 4G Touch either. Browsing and keyboard definitely seems more fluid now. One aftermarket widget no longer works. Everything else seems fine. I'm quite pleased with this update. This is one of the main reasons I held out for the Prime, the quick update to ICS.

Upvote 0
"when i woke up this morning (6 am central) there was an update. installed and now i have ice cream sandwich. after installed i was prompted about another update, camera. installed and just rebooted. haven't played with it, but what little i've done, i am getting a lot of screen flicker and sometimes half the screen is little black horizontal bars."

Sounds like the intermittent problem my upgrade has created as well. I hope Asus has A fix for it coming.......

Upvote 0
Was zero shutter lag suppose to be a feature on particular devices with ICS or a feature of ICS itself. Shutter lag is definitely not zero.

That was an exclusive feature of the galaxy nexus phone. It could only have been done on the 5mp camera on that device and was not possible on a 8mp camera, which is on the prime.

Reactions: rz22g
Upvote 0
my TP got delivered today! powered on just fine, and immediately updated to ICS 4.0.3!

so far, i don't seem to be having much problems with wifi. i put my TP and GNex next to each other, and the TP was actually registering a slightly stronger wifi signal.

now, off to play! :)

I'm finding the same seems to be true for me as well with my Nexus. Darn near identical.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones