• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone that owns a maxx downloaded the market version of the ICS keyboard? If so is it laggy for you? I'm completely stock on 2.3.6.

The reviews for it say its super quick for everyone else. But for some reason that isn't the case on my maxx.

Also it seems to consistently not register keys that I've pressed, leaving words incomplete.

Same thing seems to be happening with go keyboard. Is anyone else having issues with after market keyboards?

Has anyone that owns a maxx downloaded the market version of the ICS keyboard? If so is it laggy for you? I'm completely stock on 2.3.6.

The reviews for it say its super quick for everyone else. But for some reason that isn't the case on my maxx.

Also it seems to consistently not register keys that I've pressed, leaving words incomplete.

Same thing seems to be happening with go keyboard. Is anyone else having issues with after market keyboards?

i had this lag to i just went back to swype

Upvote 0
i had this lag to i just went back to swype

I've done some more research on this and the only two keyboards that don't lag or skip letters are the original two that come on the phone, stock keyboard and swype. In order to see the issue is to type fast and you'll notice letters skipped, even tho they pop up on the aftermarket keypad.

So I'm curious as to whether this is a problem that can be fixed or can't.

Upvote 0
I've done some more research on this and the only two keyboards that don't lag or skip letters are the original two that come on the phone, stock keyboard and swype. In order to see the issue is to type fast and you'll notice letters skipped, even tho they pop up on the aftermarket keypad.

So I'm curious as to whether this is a problem that can be fixed or can't.

well im running the leaked ICS update so the ics keyboard runs great but as i said before the swype it the only half way decent stock keyboard on 2.3.6

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones