• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS leak .247 for Bionic (Dead End)

Actually John I put a lot of stock in those rumors, I just don't discuss it here much because I don't really have anything useful to add.

And I've been flashing the leaks as fast as I can get my hands on them (after security version check and verification if can still be rooted) of course. :)
I did jump the gun on .246 when Sam was @ the races, but I saw where he said he installed it so I added that one to the HOB myself :D

Upvote 0
Yup, I don't have any relation to any of the companies involved. I have a couple sources of info but EVERYTHING is subject to change. That's why when people ask me if I can guarantee such and such build will become OTA I simply roll my eyes. No build is OTA until it is. EVERY build is potentially an OTA build until it isn't. As for the Kor thing I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more dev come out of there given the announcement today that Google's laying off even more people. That's not a sign that it won't be an OTA build. We need to see what's on the QA4 server....and keep an eye on it.

When are you going to put your HOB thread on here sam? :) The only bad thing is this place can get pretty heavy handed with the moderation..

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was great! It kills off the development community, that's for sure! :)
(not talking about here of course):D

I will say that everyone leaving was NOT my intention at all. I simply felt that I couldn't continue to provide the support that I wanted while being targeted. So, I decided to move the HoB to a place where I had more control. What happened next was outside of my control. I'm quite happy in our new home and have a lot more joy now.

Upvote 0
I will say that everyone leaving was NOT my intention at all. I simply felt that I couldn't continue to provide the support that I wanted while being targeted. So, I decided to move the HoB to a place where I had more control. What happened next was outside of my control. I'm quite happy in our new home and have a lot more joy now.

I'm not leaving the other place but nothing there to hold my interest for the time being, great additions to Hob 8 by the way! :)

Reactions: SamuriHL
Upvote 0
I saw one of those, now we can make Bionic go, lol! :D
tDyl0l.jpg

Upvote 0
Reactions: wildkitten
Upvote 0
I just don't understand the thinking on the carriers part. If they want to put on some apps preinstalled, fine, but make them uninstallable and most certainly not required to get an OS upgrade.

But the way it is now, what Verizon is essentially telling all of it's customers is "We don't care what you want. We will do with your phone what we want and if you don't like it, well we don't care." There is nothing that comes close to customer service in demanding bloatware remain on the phone and can only serve to drive customers away. Those who like the apps will keep them and won't care if someone else uninstalls them, but demanding that everyone live with their junk only serves to drive some people to another carrier.

I agree but if Verizon allows us to remove the bloat then they can not charge as much to the vendor that wants their app included in the bloat. This this is bad for big V's pockets

Upvote 0
I agree but if Verizon allows us to remove the bloat then they can not charge as much to the vendor that wants their app included in the bloat. This this is bad for big V's pockets
It's also bad for their pockets if customers leave because Verizon isn't customer oriented.

But I don't see what difference it could make to a vendor if someone who never uses their app uninstalls it from their phone. They still got Verizon to preinstall it so people could see it. But it's not like people are going to use an app they don't want and potentially spend money within it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones