• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ics leaks, Titanium Backup, getting back to OTA

AurJohn

Aug 16, 2010
Aurora, CO
Got a few questions if anyone can answer I'd appreciate it.

I have been on the 229 ICS leak for about 3 weeks now, loving it. Have my phone all set up nice and backed up with Titanium Backup.

-I assume it is unknown whether I will have to flash back to the 905 fxz, then let my phone upgrade OTA to the official ICS (or if it will just upgrade from leaked 229 to official ICS whenever that is released)?

-If I have to fxz back to 905 to get back on the OTA, can I restore apps and settings using Titanium backup (also assuming I can achieve root)??

-Can I fxz back to 905 NOW and restore my Titanium backups from my current setup on leaked 229 ICS?

Thanks, hopefully this all makes sense.

One additional note. The best method allows you to reload .905 without erasing your apps and data - this saves a ton of time in setting up the phone as well as the ICS leak / final will automatically optimize the apps to work best with ICS. It's really a win - win situation, as folks who are on .905 stock now will basically do the same thing when the ICS OTA is released - the OTA will replace some of their system files, patch others, and then boot back up without having removed any of their data.

Reactions: AurJohn and beefyy
Upvote 0
You have to go back to .905

you can root .905 with motofail

If you restore from TB your better off restoring the Apps and not the system data.

You can also look at this method but I think it's a pretty big download. Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

I've done this using this method and it worked great provided you leave time to download 1+gb files. After the flashing, it saves so much restoring time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones