• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS OTA bricked my new unrooted phone. HELP!

Kate42

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
SO I was excited to get the update today. It kept dropping halfway through the download, saying it lost the network or something like that, but eventually went through. On the third time restarting it just died and has not been able to come back. No battery pull, no charge light, no hard reset could bring it back. :(Got the phone may 30th via Verizon, and they say it is dead dead dead and the only thing to do is get a factory refurb. Having gotten 4 factory refurbish in the past when my LAST phone broke due to OTA update problems, this is not what I want. I am beyond frustrated with this situation, as the phone was new, never dropped/damaged, and died due to an update. What can I do :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones