• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS ROM question

hi Dazza,

ive been thinking the same thing - should i bother to go ics :/ still not 100% sure as im not sure it really improves the desire much imo

think the only active GB rom is cronmod - im on this now and seems pretty good - maybe slightly less smooth than the best - these are dGB (super small) and mildwild ox 4.1.3 imo

cheers
dan

Upvote 0
hi Dazza,

ive been thinking the same thing - should i bother to go ics :/ still not 100% sure as im not sure it really improves the desire much imo

I am quite shocked you haven't yet Dan! CronMod eh? I'm trying the Sony Experia themed at the minute, but it seems similar to MildWild just slightly less polished!

I upgrade in 18 days - so this may be my last flash! :eek:

Upvote 0
If that's Sandvold's ICS (a slightly old version - there are newer at xda) then I think it does fit stock partitions, but I'd strongly recommend partitioning the card if you want space for apps. Can be installed on CM7 partitions, but you absolutely do need an ext partition in that case.

The best advice is always to read the requirements from the xda thread or developer's site before installing a ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones