• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey, could you guys help me?
I need a ROM for a Verizon Droid 2.
It had 621, I installed liberty 3. No Wi-Fi. Downgraded to 2.3.3
Reflashed liberty. No Wi-Fi. Flashed some Wi-Fi lib fix. Works after toggling airplane mode repeatedly.

This phone is not used as a phone anymore. Not activated. How to dumb it down to tiny tracker style?

Also want to use it as a keyboard for another android... Suggestions??

Upvote 0
Hey, could you guys help me?
I need a ROM for a Verizon Droid 2.
It had 621, I installed liberty 3. No Wi-Fi. Downgraded to 2.3.3
Reflashed liberty. No Wi-Fi. Flashed some Wi-Fi lib fix. Works after toggling airplane mode repeatedly.

This phone is not used as a phone anymore. Not activated. How to dumb it down to tiny tracker style?

Also want to use it as a keyboard for another android... Suggestions??
You can not fully downgrade from 2.3.4/621 to 2.3.3, it will be unstable and things like wifi may not work, flash full 2.3.4 sbf with RSD Lite, and wipe data in stock android recovery see How to Use RSD Lite to flash a .sbf (Stock Rom)
and
sbf link Motorola Firmwares
verify md5 following my Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums

several roms in my list, wifi should work on all of them

sd_shadow's (themib)[Collection] of Links For: Droid 2 (a955)
or shortcut 621 Roms

Upvote 0
If I understand your link... I must use a PC; can't do everything strictly on device directly... That sucks.

Used framaroot originally... Got ROM toolbox pro. Installed Liberty from there... Rebooted to cwm and flashed the liberty zip. Been toggling between my stock backup and this ROM ever since...

I don't understand how CWM didn't replace the stock recovery like on my Huawei y301-a1.

Yes, Liberty 3 is buggy as all hell on my device... Didn't realize how 'rigged' I made this device until your response.

Weird thing is, the physical keyboard is far more responsive on Liberty...

Stock is terrible coming from a 4.1.1 device... How did anyone use these devices back then? LoL

On that note, can you direct me to a stable 4.x ROM? I'm still learning terminology. And it seems to be quite different than I'm used to.

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
If I understand your link... I must use a PC; can't do everything strictly on device directly... That sucks.
Not if wifi doesn't work, or no cdma (VERIZON)
If you can connect to internet, download Liquid ICS 2.0, and install that in CWM Recovery
wifi may work on that without re flashing stock firmware
Used framaroot originally... Got ROM toolbox pro. Installed Liberty from there... Rebooted to cwm and flashed the liberty zip. Been toggling between my stock backup and this ROM ever since..
I do not recommend Rom tool box or rom manager, no one updates rom links on there anymore, and the roms available are not up to date.
I don't understand how CWM didn't replace the stock recovery like on my Huawei y301-a1.
the motorola locked bootloader prevents stock recovery replacement, a bootstrap is required
see my [HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2/X/3 Bootstrap
Yes, Liberty 3 is buggy as all hell on my device... Didn't realize how 'rigged' I made this device until your response.

Weird thing is, the physical keyboard is far more responsive on Liberty...

Stock is terrible coming from a 4.1.1 device... How did anyone use these devices back then? LoL

On that note, can you direct me to a stable 4.x ROM? I'm still learning terminology. And it seems to be quite different than I'm used to.

Thanks for your help!
links to several ICS roms in my list of roms
there maybe a KitKat (4.4.x android) rom in near future, I will post link in my list if that happens
sd_shadow's (themib)[Collection] of Links For: Droid 2 (a955)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones