• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS ROMs (D4 and Hydrog3n) weird scrolling!

D

Deleted User

Hey I have been using D4 ROM all day (did a fresh wipe) - was on V6 now on V7 and i notice the scrolling is just horrible.. Like when I scroll it doesnt seem that smooth and quite a lot when scrolling the home screen pages it doesnt fully scroll it just bounces (slmost like its got to the end)... Plus I find scrolling on apps like twitter, instagram etc to be really dodgy and just not nearly as good as it was on CheckROM... Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix?

Also I have tried D4 ROM, Hydrog3n-ICS and Resurrection Remix, they all have pros and cons but which one do you personally think is best and the best one to be running.. I know it's different for everyone but whats YOUR opinion?

Finally when is CM9 stable (final release) going to be out and when is checkROM V7 coming out?

Cheers! :)

One of the biggest gripes with ICS I'm afraid. No fix as yet that I'm aware of.
Siyah updates seemed to improve things slightly, but not on a par with GB.
You will also notice battery is about twice as bad compared to GB.

Its a shame, as these are both excellent ROMs packed with great features.

Ah really? Thanks for letting me know... Ill go back to GB then for now probably, it is a shame cos otherwise I really really like D4 a lot... Have you gone back to CheckROM now?

Anyway i'm waiting until the galaxy S3 is announced then ill either get the HTC One X or Galaxy S3, depending on what I like best so not even gonna be using my S2 for much longer... Just wanted a nice ICS experience :mad:

But yeah have you gone back to CheckROM now?

Upvote 0
I was on D4 v6+Hydrog3n 14/04 for about 4 days. Went back onto CRR6 about 3 days ago, mainly due to scrolling+battery.

Both have been updated since to v7 and 18/04. Contemplating trying them again to test. I know these issues won't have been sorted, but I did rather like using them, but until something pretty dramatic happens on all these ICS ROMs I cant see me changing CheckROM being my daily keeper.

Upvote 0
I was on D4 v6+Hydrog3n 14/04 for about 4 days. Went back onto CRR6 about 3 days ago, mainly due to scrolling+battery.

Both have been updated since to v7 and 18/04. Contemplating trying them again to test. I know these issues won't have been sorted, but I did rather like using them, but until something pretty dramatic happens on all these ICS ROMs I cant see me changing CheckROM being my daily keeper.

+1

Couldn't agree more, I have really liked D4 and Hydrog3n and I have used the latest ones and there is no change, scrolling is still bad and in D4 V7 it's sometimes even worse in the browser..

Back to CheckROM tonight it looks like, It's not as pretty but it works and its functional. Do you know when CheckROM V7 is coming out?

Upvote 0
It will come out shortly after JKay releases his Deluxe Settings for ICS, but it's still anyone's guess.

CheckROM ICS wont have many of the excellent features of D4/Hydrog3n however, and I'm none too optimistic on the scrolling issues being sorted as this seems to be an inherent ICS problem at the moment. Perhaps it will be addressed over the next few Sammy firmware releases

Upvote 0
It will come out shortly after JKay releases his Deluxe Settings for ICS, but it's still anyone's guess.

CheckROM ICS wont have many of the excellent features of D4/Hydrog3n however, and I'm none too optimistic on the scrolling issues being sorted as this seems to be an inherent ICS problem at the moment. Perhaps it will be addressed over the next few Sammy firmware releases

Hopefully... Will CRR V7 be Samsung ICS like their stock one (So ICS w/ TouchWiz)?

Upvote 0
By the end of my ics stint i would tend to agree. Both are packed with great features, but i feel hydrog3n may just shade it for me. I really like the scrolling upcoming calendar events in the lock screen and its power saving functionality. The one thing i really miss with d4 is It's "quiet hours" feature.
Scrolling got slightly better with siyah rc4 but that was the last one i tried before going back to gb. It was still nowhere near the smoothness and fluidity of gb, but an improvement nonetheless.
I hear rc5 had had a big leap forward in terms of battery too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones