• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
MIUI is getting updated either today or tommorow. It depends if i fix anything else today, or else I'll just wait for tomorrow's weekly MIUI update.

austrie can u at least fix the lag? it was slow n laggy...i had to go bak to cm9. atm cm9 is running smooth(no offense to austrie n the devs for miui v4 i really enjoyed it but to slow n laggy..n wasnt as responsive)

Upvote 0
Phooey. Oh well, if I get antsy enough for an OS upgrade, there seem to be several good Gingerbread candidates.

Why are there no Honeycomb ROMS for the Triumph, just out of curiosity?

Because honeycomb was designed for tablets and google didn't even release source code for it until ICS so by then it's kinda pointless... If it would even run on the MT which more than likely it wouldn't.

Reactions: Seanette
Upvote 0
Phooey. Oh well, if I get antsy enough for an OS upgrade, there seem to be several good Gingerbread candidates.

Why are there no Honeycomb ROMS for the Triumph, just out of curiosity?

Honeycomb is for tablets. It has been made to boot on phones before, but not much was working (calls/eg etc). The source was never released and it really doesn't bring anything to a phone that isn't on GB/ICS.

So basically too much hassle for to little return. :)

Reactions: Seanette
Upvote 0
CM9 ICS is very stable. Development has slowed but mostly because all the big bugs have been addressed. The biggest obstacle keeping it from being an everyday ROM is the lack of a functioning camera, but that is true of all ICS builds for the MT.

Before flashing any ICS rom, I would recommend that you do an honest assessment of your need for a working camera. I think the last thing that any developer wants is another person complaining about the camera. I am not a developer, but even I am sick of the complaints about the camera.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones