1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS to run on PC

Discussion in 'Computers' started by lrollo, Jul 4, 2013.

1. lrollo

lrollo Newbie

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with Intel dual core CPU on which I want to run a version of Android, preferably 4.0.x for demonstrations to a group of senior citizens.

I did a Goggle search and tried several suggested methods, but most of them seem to be tied to specific branded hardware. These included VM and VMPlayer, but without success.

I find virtually all the video demonstration so poor quality as not to be helpful.

I have SKD already install as a prerequisite to running Droid@Screen (which runs well).

Does anyone know of a generic-based set up I can try. or any other solutions that are known work.

I prefer text based instructions supported with screen captures of the ACTUAL PROGRAMS and ISOs used that can be run on my Samsung Tablet as PDFs.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

While you can run Android ICS(Android-x86) on a PC, either virtually or on the bare metal, as they say. While I did get it to work, but I have to say it is alpha, networking doesn't work for a start, so no internet.

They only do it pre-built for specific popular brands, like Asus and Lenovo, and presumably PCs that the devs are using, because each build has to be unique for certain hardware.

3. lrollo

lrollo Newbie

Tks for reply and info.

Maybe I'll have to find some other way of demonstrating the software.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Can you not demonstrate with an actual Android device with actual Android software? If you need a large screen or something, look for one with HDMI out.

There's an Android Emulator included with the Android SDK. But I think this mainly for developing and testing apps.
    http://developer.android.com/tools/help/emulator.html

lrollo likes this.
  5. lrollo

lrollo Newbie

No easy way to use HDMI with Samsung Galaxy Tablet. But I will give he emulator a try

6. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

lrollo likes this.
  7. lrollo

lrollo Newbie

Tks for suggestion: I'll give it a try

8. 7Priest7

7Priest7 Guest

Download - Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86
    Emulators that have previously mentioned have the overhead involved with Windows and binary translation.

Android X86 will run natively on most modern systems.
    A good number of apps are said to work just fine with android x86.

MHL hooked up to a real android device would be better.

lrollo likes this.
  9. lrollo

lrollo Newbie

7Priest7

Tks for suggestion : I'll try it.