• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS: Transformer Shutting Off Mysteriously

I've noticed mine was stuck in the reboot loop twice in the past two days. Once it was undocked and another time it was docked. I going to try reinstalling Google+ to see if it had anything to do with it. Just a wild stab at this point.

I also had 2 instances of the sound just cutting out. I only noticed it after trying to view a video and noticed there was no sound. A reboot brings the sound back.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my TF201. They had update within like a week. Just curious what firmware version is everyone TF101 at?

They just released one today. Might be the fix of the issue.

support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=20&s=16&m=Eee+Pad+Transformer+TF101&os=&hashedid=gHh4q7I8dvWJzhdV

Thanks, but I think I already have that version. Their site and instructions is pretty bad and hard to read...and I should know how to read versions and what not.

It would really helpful if one could find what it fixes and a changelog or something.

Upvote 0
zingmaster- why didn't you return it or send to ASUS for repair??

About the time my button died, my brother was having different problems with his and he sent it to them. After 6 weeks of it being gone, he got a different referb with a crack in the screen on the bezel. He sent it back and after another 6 weeks or so he got one that wouldn't power on. Finally he got one that that worked, Sold it, and got a Samsung Galaxy 7 inch and never looked back. So after his ordeal I decided I could use my work around until it was time to upgrade. But didn't see this bricking issue coming with ICS.

Still waiting for my battery to die. Either that or my system is entirely dead. Has anyone ever used the little reset pinhole button by the mini HDMI port? Is that even what that is?

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out that is the mic.

Upvote 0
I did a full factory data reset on my TF101 and it did NOT fix the reboot/stuck on boot screen issue. So anyone who's considering going through that process, don't bother. I have not had any more situations where the device was in standby and stopped responding to wake ups since I stopped using Steam for Android. But even the full reset did not fix the reboot/ hang on boot screen problem. Guess we'll have to wait for a fix from Asus... I must say though, even though this issue is annoying, my Droid X went through a similar rebooting problem when Motorola first upgraded it to Gingerbread, so these issues are not unique to Asus.

Upvote 0
My tablet seems only to end up in the rebooting screen when it is in sleep mode. I would put it in sleep and the next day, the tablet is either turned off or in the reboot cycle. At no time did it actually reboot while I was using it for something. The only really disruptive thing about my issue is that it takes a while to start up the tablet once it turns itself off.

Upvote 0
My tablet seems only to end up in the rebooting screen when it is in sleep mode. I would put it in sleep and the next day, the tablet is either turned off or in the reboot cycle. At no time did it actually reboot while I was using it for something. The only really disruptive thing about my issue is that it takes a while to start up the tablet once it turns itself off.

That is exactly my experience as well.

Upvote 0
Mine finally came back from the dead. Uninstalled a few apps I was having trouble with and haven't had an issue for a full day now. I guess we will have to wait for an update.

Still in the market for an upgrade. Do any other tabs use tegra 3 other than the Asus TF Prime? I haven't done much research but its getting to be time to get a new tablet.

Also, Is there a way to turn of the ota updates? With this update it showed up on sunday and i told it to delay it a day and then 10 minutes later it bugged me again.

Upvote 0
I did a full factory data reset on my TF101 and it did NOT fix the reboot/stuck on boot screen issue. So anyone who's considering going through that process, don't bother. I have not had any more situations where the device was in standby and stopped responding to wake ups since I stopped using Steam for Android. But even the full reset did not fix the reboot/ hang on boot screen problem. Guess we'll have to wait for a fix from Asus... I must say though, even though this issue is annoying, my Droid X went through a similar rebooting problem when Motorola first upgraded it to Gingerbread, so these issues are not unique to Asus.

Hi Everybody,
sadly i have to confirm, what i thought it worked fine, today i had a new thing happening and it is worst: at the 6th Day after i did the Full Factory Reset, the Problem Re-Appeared, and this time, in the worst of the types.

I was using my Tablet to handle a Tech Support Call, i was looking through some pdf drawings that i have, i was finally ending the call so i was not touching anymore the Tablet that was still with the screen on and...

BOOM!

It shutted off and right back on to the ASUS EEE Pad screen, but there were not the little rolling balls that usually are there... actually, there was not even the "Nvidia" logo on the screen.

I left it like that while i was concluding the Phone call... 5-6 minutes later the Screen was still on with the "ASUS eee Pad" logo in the middle of the screen and no signs of activity.

i Had to hold the Power Button for 10 seconds and it finally re-started the correct Boot Process.

ASUS!

i hope you have a good update on the way...

Good Luck Guys... i am starting to regret upgrading so quick, i should have sticked to 3.1 for a little longer :-(

Anyway: TGIF

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones