• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Update Official?

Well that's certainly one way of dodging a legitimate question.

I've had no problems with the GB update or the most recent update. If you're having issues, they're not necessarily caused by the updates.

Agreed completely. Had mine since launch day, and have had exactly zero issues that others have had. Not everyone has had problems. That's not to say that there haven't been for some people, but to assume that everyone has been effected is a little off base.

Reactions: Funderbolt
Upvote 0
Well that's certainly one way of dodging a legitimate question.

I've had no problems with the GB update or the most recent update. If you're having issues, they're not necessarily caused by the updates.

jmz, sorry I did not answer your question I thought you were trying to be funny since with every update great deal of TB owner have experienced many new problems with their phones. Over the internet it is hard to determine if someone if joking or not. :)

So to answer your original question the three main problems I am having is the internet is all kinds of messed up (black area where address bar should be), I am having a problem with the auto correct when texting, and I even have had random reboots come back.

But considering my TB had zero issues with the GB update (in fact the GB update made it seem like I had a new phone) then when the most recent update was released and my phone went back to its old not so great self.. I think VZW even pulled the update. So I would have to say the update did cause my problems, I even did a factory rest and the problems still persisted.

Read from post 34 on to see that I am not the only one experiencing problems with this new update.
http://androidforums.com/htc-thunderbolt/464135-new-software-update-coming-soon.html

Upvote 0
Okay, so do we have to wait for HTC to release ICH for the TB or are there custom ROMs out there we can flash that are built on ICH? I haven't rooted yet (have had no need to really) but I would definitely do so if I can get ICH right now rather than wait.
Anybody know if there is a stable ICH ROM for the TB out there?

Upvote 0
Okay, so do we have to wait for HTC to release ICH for the TB or are there custom ROMs out there we can flash that are built on ICH? I haven't rooted yet (have had no need to really) but I would definitely do so if I can get ICH right now rather than wait.
Anybody know if there is a stable ICH ROM for the TB out there?

By ICH, do you mean ice cream handwich? :D

Upvote 0
My phone runs perfect. Other than the random reboots early on (and only for a short period before the update), I have had no problems with this phone. I love it.
I strongly agree. Truth be told if the Rezound came with the kickstand I'd have one for the Hd capabilities. Not to concern with the Beats gimmick, I have the Neutron music Player. Best player sound-wise on Planet Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones