• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ics update released for honor

that's if we get Dev support.
that browser is a bit different compared to the actual ICS. It does look similar to ours though which ours is 2.3.
I tried this weekend to install the ICS update for the honor from the actual chines website. downloaded the zip file and google translated the 7 page Chinese PDF, it looked successful when i went to update from sd. It downloaded part 1/2 but when it came to 2/2 it automatically failed.

I wouldnt mind it in white, never had a colored phone other than black and dark blue.

Upvote 0
that's if we get Dev support.
that browser is a bit different compared to the actual ICS. It does look similar to ours though which ours is 2.3.
I tried this weekend to install the ICS update for the honor from the actual chines website. downloaded the zip file and google translated the 7 page Chinese PDF, it looked successful when i went to update from sd. It downloaded part 1/2 but when it came to 2/2 it automatically failed.

I wouldnt mind it in white, never had a colored phone other than black and dark blue.

Glad someone was brave enough to try it. Btw is your phone rooted? I am wondering if that could be an issue when trying to run the update.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I would be scared to try that. The Honor has a GSM radio and the Mercury has a CDMA radio. Messing with the radios is probably the easiest way to brick a phone. You probably wouldn't brick it, but I wouldn't chance it just to see what it looks like.

Thats actually a really good point I did not realize that. Why its probably best to wait for an official update or port from some fairy tail dev. I am starting to think we will have better luck spotting a unicorn

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones