• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS update...

Ecniv

Dec 27, 2011
...Anyone else done it?
(UK)

Seemed sluggish after the update although very smart.
Liking the look and feel (accepting the sluggishness). Minor changes in things and the lock screen with starting apps is a nice touch.

Missing the task manager though (disappeared from my list of apps/widgets).
Battery seems to be sinking faster too (considering I don't use it much - got a samsung 8.9 for playing on...)

What are other peoples experiences?

After a few days usage... hmmm

Things that used to be there seem to have vanished... eg task manager, or the canvas moving option.

Keyboard lag/miss on the buttons seems worse now, but the keys seem smaller too.

Battery life seems to drain very rapidly, not sure whether its struggling to display or having things running in the background.

Some nice transitions when swiping.

Overall, some what disappointing :/

Upvote 0
Hi

After several months worth of using the ics update. I'd recommend those who haven't done it...

...don't.

The sluggish reactions drain against its usage. This is in the whole system, from reacting to button presses on the main home screens to those in apps. With the system kill option gone, you have to d/l a 3rd party to erase apps. Especially if they die.

Battery drain seems higher.
Cannot disable the annying camera click without turning off all sounds.

Graphics are nicer, slightly more customisable on locations and feel.

I don't suppose its easy to go back to the previous version?
Or has LG released any more updates?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones