1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS upgrade - blue lines when swiping?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thehustler, Apr 26, 2012.

1. thehustler

thehustler Lurker

Upgraded last night (T-Mobile UK) and now across the top, I have what looks like plotting coordinates for where the cursor is no the screen, when I press anywhere on the screen I get two intersecting lines with a target where I press and when I swipe the screen anywhere, it shows up as blue lines all over it, tracing where I've swiped?

I've searched thru the forums and can't find anything relating to this, has anyone come across it before in an upgrade?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jafreiteris

Jafreiteris Member

Go to developers options in settings menu. Then uncheck option 'show pointer location.

Partsman99, DomUK and thehustler like this.
  3. thehustler

thehustler Lurker

Thank you very very much Jafreiteris - problem solved. No more annoying targets and lines, you're a hero :D

4. Jafreiteris

Jafreiteris Member

Atleast you got that, some people managed to get 'show screen updates' cheked on standard, now that stuff really can make you think you srewed your phone :)

5. DomUK

DomUK Lurker

Phew!!!

Thanks! I was ready to do a Hard Reset and lose everything on my HTC Desire C...

Must've selected that option by accident when I was trying to change from Charge Only to Disk Drive.. me and my fat fingers.

(I have only had this phone a month after I crashed my LG E400 into oblivion trying to partition it to use Link2SD.)

6. redbourn

redbourn Member

Thanks that really helped me too!

Michael

7. bigz89

bigz89 Lurker

Helped me as well, problem solved, thanks.

8. Partsman99

Partsman99 Lurker

My "new toy" experience was ruined by this problem. Thanks so much for your post. Problem solved. You're a genius!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews