• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Upgrade coming [Update: arrived! Links below]

Upvote 0
According to SamsungTomorrow (in Korean) Samsung is releasing Android 4.0 ICS for the Korean version of the 8.9 LTE. Kies will be required to update. Also in English here:
Android 4.0 update now available in Korea for Galaxy Tab 8.9 & 10.1

So we should have ours in the next week or so.
:party:

Edit:

From the SamsungTomorrow article via Google Translate:
Major improvements
A. Platform upgrade Android 3.2 Honeycomb → Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Face Recognition (Face Unlock) Added
- Mobile Data Management Functionality
- Multitasking and applications, some usability improvements

Upgrade Notices
A. Some user data initialization
- When performing this upgrade, the phone book, messages, photos, and maintain key user data, but Self-improvement is initiated by some user data.
- Set the initialization part

Reactions: nuismer and rsisley
Upvote 0
Woke up this morning to see an update on my WiFi only 8.9. After a brutally long process, it was confirmed that it was the ICS update! FINALLY!!

5cqJx.png

Upvote 0
Woke up this morning to see an update on my WiFi only 8.9. After a brutally long process, it was confirmed that it was the ICS update! FINALLY!!
Thanks, Fitch! I merged your post with our ongoing thread of ICS news.

BTW, only ICS for the GT-P7310 has been released at this point. Those of us with the 3G and LTE versions are still waiting. My guess is we'll have it before the month is over (3 more days!).

Update your Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI to Android 4.0.4 in USA | SamMobile

Upvote 0
I have the above model and am still waiting. It's so frustrating. I really like ics on my note and have found honey comb a bit laggy
If you have a P7310 you can update with Samsung Kies.

-------------------------

Well, I started this thread in March and I can close it saying that I got my ICS update today.
:eek: Waddya mean close it???? Some of us still don't have our upgrade :bawling:

No love for the 4G LTE version????
:ditto: for the 3G international version (P7300)

I'm guessing Samsung will out them today or tomorrow. But I also guessed before the end of July, the middle of August, etc...

Seriously Jesslynh, thanks for opening this thread. All of us have gained from it. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones