• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS User manual

I just graduated from studying law (whew! Finally) and I'll say my eyes were opened with that I learned.

The main thing is they put the material up on their Site. Even if it was an error, they can't force anyone to stop reposting it under the guise of confidential information, but they can issue a 'takedown' notice to enforce their copyright, which it sounds like they did.

He could, if he wanted, write up the specs in his own words and cite the documents as sources... That then becomes protected speech,since it's a news/editorial work and they can't do a damn thing. But that's enough digression out me. Lol

Upvote 0
I just graduated from studying law (whew! Finally) and I'll say my eyes were opened with that I learned.

The main thing is they put the material up on their Site. Even if it was an error, they can't force anyone to stop reposting it under the guise of confidential information, but they can issue a 'takedown' notice to enforce their copyright, which it sounds like they did.

He could, if he wanted, write up the specs in his own words and cite the documents as sources... That then becomes protected speech,since it's a news/editorial work and they can't do a damn thing. But that's enough digression out me. Lol

Before I become licensed as appraiser I had to go through quite a few property law courses and it was mind numbing. I don't think I could follow the foot steps of a few of my classmates and study law. Props to you for sticking it out.

Further, you're correct in what you say about 'citing' what he saw. However, sometimes it's not worth the hassle or the headache which can come from defiance. ;)

<Thread Hijack> ;)

An appraiser? For the Assessor's office or private?

</Hijack>

I am a general real estate appraiser and work for a private firm.

Upvote 0
What was posted (by me/or someone else, as i will neither confirm nor deny specifics.) and got me in trouble was not public necessarily.

Look you can post links.

Chill out.

*shakes head at stupidity*
*gives cookie*

They was what I figured, which is why I posted it anyway. Cuz I'm a rebel like that, yo.

Upvote 0
my google search source says the spectrum will receive updates to ICS in Q3 now....doesnt have any specific date...im really really really really really hoping for it to be early september because it would be an awesome thing to play with before the college semester gets into full motion..

I too must agree. I think ICS and the subsequent updates would help people like us out a whole lot. I'm talking just general productivity. My school is bascically tethered to their website, and I find myself on that more often than I find myself in class. Much needed browsing improvements.

Upvote 0
I too must agree. I think ICS and the subsequent updates would help people like us out a whole lot. I'm talking just general productivity. My school is bascically tethered to their website, and I find myself on that more often than I find myself in class. Much needed browsing improvements.

I agree. the browser on the spectrum is way too jumpy to do anything important with. I'm looking forward to using chrome.

and if the stock launcher we get is the same ics LG launcher I put on my friends epic4g touch... this update is gonna be amazing

Upvote 0
Chrome isn't all that. It's great having bookmarks imported, but it's a bit sluggish and glitchy. I tend to use Dolphin on my tablet with 4.1 on it.... It works smoother and faster with ICS. Another issue I have with chrome is the lack of 'end' button to kill the app. If you use it a bit, it can eat up a grip of ram.

I agree i use dolphin with my Xoom, which i prefer to chrome as well. I just downloaded the new dolphin beta, but haven't used it yet. Time will tell

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones