1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ICS VIDEO_TS player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cookie365, Jul 20, 2012.

1. cookie365

cookie365 Member

Hello, does anyone know of an app that will play VIDEO_TS folders as DVDs?

All the apps I've found so far seem to be able to play the individual VOB files, but I'd like an app that understands the VIDEO_TS format so I can just point the whole folder at the player and it will play it as a DVD.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ivorkruger

ivorkruger Lurker

I would like to know the answer to this too.

I have all my DvD's backed up direct copy to my HTPC (so when they damaged I can simply burn them back to disc) with all the interactive menu's etc just as a dvd has (it's a win7 WMC machine) which has no problems playing back from other Win7 pc's on the network - wmc, xbmc, etc etc

I got the android working via remote potato and RMC (remote Media Center) which i downloaded from google - so i can see all my folders and files on the windows media center no problem.

But all the stupid android apps don't seem capable of realising / understanding that the entire folder is infact a replica of a DvD file system!

The only way to watch the film is to keep playing one file after the other - and that if you can figure out the right order! And there is no way to play the dvd menu so if you want subtitles on, deleted scenes etc you screwed. :mad:

*shakes head in disgust*

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm sure that's entirely possible. I bet it's just not been developed or implemented, because most people just don't store DVD images and DVD file systems on their phones and tablets. Just one DVD movie is something like 8-9 gigabytes. Usual method of playing DVD, EVD and Blu-ray movies on mobile devices, like Android, is to transcode them into a more efficient and smaller format.

Also if you're talking about Microsoft Windows Media Center, don't you really need a proper and proprietary Windows Media Center extender device for that, like an Xbox360? - because of the DRM.