• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WorkingK9

Lurker
Aug 10, 2012
Well in the DC area, I received the ICS update in the middle of the might last night/this morning. Still trying to decide if I like it, it wont send email, wont get on the internet via the browser, have yet to figure how to copy and paste (not working like before), it will receive emials and texts, the home screen does not rotate like I thought it would and some data was lost during the upgrade, had to reset my hotspot info.. (thats just some of the things)

Will see.........

I had both WIFI and Data on, and it would not let me go to a website, I rebooted and am now able to get to a website, but still not send mail.. will probably need to redo settings, I lost all my emails signatures, etc.. kept all my text messages. I think mostly I like it, but just frustrating setting everything back up again..

Upvote 0
No I am not rooted, I do have auto updates, but this just auto downloaded and then asked if I wanted to install. I woke in the middle of the night, saw it and said install now.

Getting more used to things, so far so good... can now browse the web, run my programs, send and receive emails, etc... still need to figure how to copy and paste, but for the most part I think I like the upgrade..

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply! Sounds like it's slowly coming together for you. That's good news! I'm reading about various issues with the update all over the various forums.

Just unfroze my bloatware and unrooted w/ Voodoo and checked for update. I'm downloading now rather than have this hit me unexpectedly in the middle of my roadtrip monday!

Upvote 0
Yeah It does allow you to chose "install later" but at 0500 hours not much going on and being off today figure it was a good time to do it and set things up, most stayed the same, but some things needed reconfiguring.
The home screen doew rotate, but only when the keyboard is opened instead of just when you turn the phone, would have liked it to have been with just a turn, but atleast when I open the keyboard it rotates lol.. guess we cant get everything we want lol
one of the problems I heard was problems with email, luckily whatever issues I had when it first happened resolved and I can send and receive just fine.
I had to reconfigure HotSpot, havent tried it yet.

good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones