• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'd like to thank Google...

I had the Desire, which was basically a poor man's (or in my case, tight man's) Nexus 1.

Great phone, though I didn't really realise just how constraining the 500MB of RAM was until I got a Nexus 4 - what an absolute belter of a phone! Stuff that took forever on my Desire is virtually instantaneous on the N4 - and there was me blaming T-Mob!

You really need to save your pennies and get one - you'll love it.

Upvote 0
I had the Desire, which was basically a poor man's (or in my case, tight man's) Nexus 1.

Great phone, though I didn't really realise just how constraining the 500MB of RAM was until I got a Nexus 4 - what an absolute belter of a phone! Stuff that took forever on my Desire is virtually instantaneous on the N4 - and there was me blaming T-Mob!

That's the plan, but I'm no longer in a hurry. I don't use a phone much-- I don't make many phone calls. Everything else I am doing on this tablet. I thought the pocketability would be a problem, but I put a very handsome leather case on it and am carrying it almost everywhere (for work I carry a bag anyway).

I have no doubt the N4 is wonderful and I probably will get one still. Still... ;)

Upvote 0

from a Desire to a Nexus4...
RAM is better..
but i think the CPU/GPU upgrade doe make the biggest punch in the phones speed.. and dont forget the better Android upgrade.

The N7 a little powerhouse.. i am finding it is very helpful and useful.. more than i thought it would be

Upvote 0

Psh, 500 MB constraining? Try 100 MB.

Upvote 0
I never owned a mobile phone because for one I never really had a need for one and then we live 6 months in the US and 6 months in Europe - so I would have needed 2 systems for which I would need 2 different plans.

But now I use the N7 for making calls - with GrooveIP. Free in the US and from Europe to the US. 2 cents per minute from the US to Europe. That is a real money saver for all the overseas calls we make all the time.

Another highlight is the GPS. It navigated us out of Orlando last week without any problems -- else we would probably still be roaming the Orlando landscape.

Upvote 0
I originally purchased a cheaper Chinese tablet, then the Nexus 7 was announced. Obviously i purchased one straight away, much to the dismay of my wife. 'I'm not very happy with you for doing that' she stated.
Now, several months on after she has used the Chinese tablet, 'Its very heavy and i think i would be better off with one like yours.'
My wife is a total technophobe, so the Nexus 7 must be a good device.

Upvote 0
...for so completely screwing the pooch on Nexus 4 availability. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have this incredible Nexus 7 I've been breaking in the past few days. I love this beast! Best handheld computer I have ever had.

My Nexus One still makes a great phone. ;)

Haha, I can relate. I played we it using Nvidia Splashtop GamePad THD
I play my PC games on this already powerful device

Upvote 0
I thought a tablet was a gimmick. A in between a laptop and desktop but no real purpose seeing that it has no DVD slot and couldn't upload programs. Having a RAZR HD smartphone didn't think I needed a tab. Looked at the N7 when it was first announced was like no SD, HDMI slot, only 8 and 16 gig, 7 inches nope not gonna buy.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago my brother purchase one so I got a chance to play with the N7. Boy was I wrong. Best electronic purchase I ever made. The size is just right debated with the N10 since it was closer to a laptop but the N10 would be too big as a portable device. Its nice but more of a stay at home tab. Everything I need is in the play store and this lil beast takes everything I throw at it. Will get the new N7 the day it is released.

Upvote 0
I thought a tablet was a gimmick. A in between a laptop and desktop but no real purpose seeing that it has no DVD slot and couldn't upload programs. Having a RAZR HD smartphone didn't think I needed a tab. Looked at the N7 when it was first announced was like no SD, HDMI slot, only 8 and 16 gig, 7 inches nope not gonna buy.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago my brother purchase one so I got a chance to play with the N7. Boy was I wrong. Best electronic purchase I ever made. The size is just right debated with the N10 since it was closer to a laptop but the N10 would be too big as a portable device. Its nice but more of a stay at home tab. Everything I need is in the play store and this lil beast takes everything I throw at it. Will get the new N7 the day it is released.

Yeah, I was the same way. Got a N7, and for day to day browsing, it pretty much replaced my laptop. Only time I use my laptop is when....it isn't realistically possible to do it on the tablet (so Visual Studio, Word, Windows games, and virtual machines).

Otherwise, my N7 pretty much does everything my laptop can, and get twice the battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones