• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I'd love to delete photo bucket

I don't and won't use photo bucket for anything. I check running apps and it constantly turns itself on. I tried the uninstaller in the phone with no luck. I got an uninstaller app from the app store and it won't get rid of it either. I've heard about rooting, but am too much of a novice to want to try that. Any suggestions?

I know how you feel about the pre-installed programs...
I hated having the stupid Uno game and whatever else automatically starting all the time. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of them that I know is root the phone and remove them with something like Android Mate.

I'm new to Android and the Huawei Ascend is my first. Saying that, I was able to search around and found pretty clear instructions on rooting the Ascend. You'll likely find one main set of instructions with a few follow-ups from other people about what they did to root it. After a bit of hard work and searching, I got it rooted, installed Android Mate and got rid of all the garbage I didn't want on there.

Rooting has the potential to mess up the phone if you delete the wrong stuff or do it wrong. At least if you break the phone in the process, it's not too expensive to get another.

Upvote 0
I don't and won't use photo bucket for anything. I check running apps and it constantly turns itself on. I tried the uninstaller in the phone with no luck. I got an uninstaller app from the app store and it won't get rid of it either. I've heard about rooting, but am too much of a novice to want to try that. Any suggestions?
Hi Digg, I went to settings, applications, manage applications, photo bucket and scrolled down and hit "force stop" and photobucket has not come back on automatically since. Personally I have a photobucket account but I like you I did not want it to automatically do anything. Also in that manage applications folder you will see other app's you may want to "force stop" as well. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
used z4root, went and used titanium backup to get rid of photobucket, and thought i did, but there's this thing that keeps popping back in, bout installing and trying it. Have used titanium a few more times on it, and I dont see any reference to photobucket anymore, if I decide to unroot my cell, will I need that( if 2.2 comes out?

Upvote 0
used z4root, went and used titanium backup to get rid of photobucket, and thought i did, but there's this thing that keeps popping back in, bout installing and trying it. Have used titanium a few more times on it, and I dont see any reference to photobucket anymore, if I decide to unroot my cell, will I need that( if 2.2 comes out?

We don't really know but as long as you uninstalled it with TiBu we can help you get it back if and when you need it. If it makes you feel any better I dumped photobucket too. :D

LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones