• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ID Scanner

Glenn May

Lurker
Mar 25, 2016
Hey all,

I have the need for an ID scanner package for Android.

I simply need it to read the PDF417 on the back of a drivers license and spit out an age, and possibly a name.

There used to be a tool called ID Scanner Pro that worked awesome. Now the developer seems to be MIA and it is not working any longer. Any help that you can provide is GREATLY appreciated.

I am hoping to use this on an off brand tablet (NuVision)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That actually works great.

The only thing I need it to do (Because I have somewhat less than intuitive folks with us sometimes) is to pop up the age on the screen.

I dont know if there is a way to have it simply report name and age or not. I see something about a custom URL. ?

It does work great on my Note 4, however the off brand tablet seems to hang up. Thats not a tough fix though.

Upvote 0
I suppose the best way to look at this is that we need to verify age for people entering. Either 18 or 21, depending on the event. If I leave it up to the folks discretion on what it means to have been born in 1995, I would be concerned about their math ability, or even desire to look.

Ideally, I need a scanner that will show me name, and the actual age number.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones