1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Idea for Dev - "Equalizer Manager"

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by pete wargo, Sep 5, 2017.

1. pete wargo

pete wargo Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2017
    Wondering if maybe we could get some equalizer managers in circulation? ..for the common eq compatibility quirk with devices ..maybe a Widget of some sort, or a manager app? ...anything would be better than nothing ..kind of surprised no one is on this :^p

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Nope, never heard of that one. Care to elaborate, more details, as it might not be so common?

3. pete wargo

pete wargo Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2017
    for instance on my samsung galaxy tablet I need to use a different equalizer for say youtube than the tablets eq for spotify ...if I use the installed app eq for youtube, then want to listen to spotify, I will have to restart the tablet to bring the tablets eq into play ...I am wondering if there could maybe be an eq widget or a manager app to bring a specific equalizer to the forefront..

Thanks for the inquiry

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Usually audio equalizers are an integral part of specific apps, like music players, or can be baked into the device's core firmware, and each manufacturer tends to do their own thing. And then there's things like Dolby, DTS, Super Sound, etc. that device and app makers license and add as well.

There are third-party equalizer apps, which are supposed to add their equalization to the sound and maybe can be set the same or maybe even synced across multiple devices, but I don't think they can control other app or device system equalizers and effects though.

#4 mikedt, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. pete wargo

pete wargo Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2017
    for whatever reason the devices equalizer doesn't get used all the time and its not accessible except with in my experiences spotify, as with spotify i can access the devices eq. ...but with youtube i have to use a third party equalizer. ..problem is when i switch back to spotify to use the devices eq, i have to reset the device in order for the devices eq to activate o_O