1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Idea For Reverting PRL 52686 Back To PRL 15109

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dankees, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Dankees

Dankees Android Enthusiast

I came up with a good idea that may revert the PRL back to 15109. Do you think this will work? What if I factory reset my phone with the SIM Card in the phone. Then, remove the SIM Card and factory reset it again. Then, replace the SIM Card and start the phone up? Would that revert the PRL?

2. Demache

Demache Android Expert

Probably not, as it would just re-download the latest PRL again most likely.

3. Dankees

I guess you're right. I just figured that the resetted phone would do the trick.

Some people speculated that one of my applications was the culprit. So, this would take care of that.

I mean, when the phone was new, it called the activation number and didn't update the PRL, right?

4. msaly

msaly Lurker

Odd. I've been on 52686 since December and checked today and am back to 15109. I don't know why or how, or whether it matters. Somehow the phone did it itself...

Dankees likes this.
  5. Dankees

Did you do anything like insert a new SIM Card, etc.?

6. msaly

msaly Lurker

I didn't do anything. I'm totally stock/unrooted. I'm not even sure when it happened. I think I last checked it sometime in the last couple of weeks.

Dankees likes this.
  7. Dankees

Anyone else have an idea? Tim K?

8. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

Nope. I'd be at Best Buy insisting a replacement phone....

Does *22899 show up in your call log? If so, I'd show them that it keeps dialing out and use that as my proof.

Dankees likes this.
  9. Dankees

Well, I suppose I would first try the new SIM Card thing I came up with, no? That won't work? Then yeah, I guess I would have to insist for a new one, except, the thing is, my battery was killer yesterday, so if it would've been cool today, I wouldn't have really cared anymore.

10. jmar

jmar Nexican

So...kinda weird. I had "updated" my prl to 52686 and it is now back to 15109 as well! I live in San Jose, CA. WEIRD.

Dankees likes this.
  11. Dankees

How did you do it? Did you change anything that you normally do?

12. jmar

jmar Nexican

That's the thing. I don't know when it changed...no clue. All I ever do is flash ROMs and kernels but I didn't think that would change a prl. All very strange to me.

Dankees likes this.
  13. Dankees

I don't ROM or Flash. I just lose 10% battery life in less than 30 minutes.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews