• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Idea for talented app developer

GaryS1964

Dec 9, 2010
My idea is for an app that would automatically send any call from a number not in my contacts or call without caller ID info to voicemail without ringing my phone.

I've had cell phones for many years and never really had much of a problem with telemarketers. The occasional butt dialed or wrong number call yes but not hardly any from telemarketers. That was until recently where I now seem to be getting a lot more calls from telemarketers, charities, etc.. In my case my cell phone is not my primary phone. I would imagine for those who's cell phone is their only phone the problem is worse.

The simple app above would stop telemarketers, butt dialed calls and wrong numbers. When I say simple I mean functionality wise not the development effort that it would require to create.

I'm an old fart and use my phone to make and receive calls and send and receive texts. Rarely use third party apps and when I do I use the free version. I have only purchased one app in my life but this is one I would gladly pay for.

Your right there a a ton of call blockers but I have not been able to find a single one that blocks all calls not from numbers in your contact list and also calls with no caller ID info and sends them to voicemail without ringing the phone. That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Can you please tell us what device your on and what carrier, lots of newer android devices have features like that built right into the native settings of the call/dialer app... but sometimes you have to use a workaround to find it.
something like Quick shortcut maker from playstore is helpful to see what hidden menus and activities are built into your existing apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones