1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[IDEA] Jelly Bean Rom - LG Esteem Metro PCS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidAdmire, Aug 15, 2012.

1. AndroidAdmire

AndroidAdmire Well-Known Member

So I was thinking. Can we try, i meant at least try to port Jelly Bean or ICS to LG Esteem. People were able to do it to other phones so why cant we try!? I mean it would be the next step in the LG Esteems Life. I already created a newer theme than the one i posted even with the Jelly Bean Boot screen. I will post the boot screen later. So what do u say? Can we do it or at least attemt it and i dont mean CM9.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

I tried.... Kind of.... I tried to dirty port cm9... Didn't work out too well :D.... Obviously :D

3. AndroidAdmire

I know but i ment the actual ROM lol

4. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

You mean the actual os... this idea isnt a new idea alot of talented people like shiny pg idrita have all tried their best to even simulate ics the best we have for now is pg's cm9 for the esteem which is ics but just a modified version thats better and even that has been a journey on its own without a end in sight.seems u done a lil change to some1's theme and is feeling extra crispy in taking on the challenge lol with that being said good luck all is possible but all takes more than will to do it

5. AndroidAdmire

I created a rom from scratch but needs alot of work. Its all themed like Jelly Bean. Its a rom but with themed everyhting. But its under construction.

6. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Phone has been out over a year and a half. ICS and CM9 has been out over 6 months. If it could have been done, it would have been done.

let's not forget about the LG-Revolution and the whole dev department over at XDA that ALSO doesn't have either.

7. AndroidAdmire

Wow... Okay... But anyway nevermind. Idea close. Whatever.

8. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

a rom consist also of a kernel it wouldnt be called a self made rom if the foundation of the rom was taken from somewhere else. ive been told the hardest part of making a rom is to build the kernel from nothing meaning actual coding. thats hard work ive seen people in this forum put down pg and other devs for taking so long and claiming to have done a whole rom in a month lol

edit: relax your ambition is admired but we just trying to point out some facts before you get carried away.

9. ShinySide

Actually not even over a year right? It dropped in late September/late August I think

10. Fuzzy13

It's something that is a touchy topic around here because noobs sign up, come in and make 10 posts asking about it and then they leave. You can't just "port" over an entirely new operating system. ICS is TOTALLY different.

The 2 most popular forums have been working on it for a long time. That's all Im saying. If you feel you can contribute to the building of it, contact Playful God.

AndroidArch likes this.
  11. Fuzzy13

You are right. I was meaning the Revolution/Esteem. But yes you are correct. Hell The Revolution might have been out longer than that. It had Froyo didn't it?

12. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

HAH! i managed to put jellybeans on my phone pfft top that!

[​IMG]

13. AndroidAdmire

Its just a phone -_- gosh... I should just buy a LightRay.... Its probably ICS/JB Upgradeable.

14. ShinySide

It can be done. Just not as easy to port like a theme or mod. But it can be done. So don't let the fact I haven't or anyone else been able to. Personally I'm just not a dev Ahaha I basically just did it to see if I could. I put some effort in it but not full blown determined to do it :D

15. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

whatcha talking about willis? you saying i didnt put jellybeans on my phone on my own?:D

16. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

go for it bro just try porting it is better than nothing ive heard it was possible to port jellybean or ics

17. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

to port ICS/JB to the esteem, the esteem needs a working ics/jb rom. ;)

I'm not a fan of cooked roms, but I do believe every guide I seen on em state what I just said. ;)

And I have JB on the Esteem, just trying to fix a fc hell issues to be able to release a teaser for you all. ;)

Fuzzy13, SeducedByBacon and Mexjoker like this.
  18. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

that sir i can say was awesome nd believe him ppl he does got jb;)

19. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

You managed to fix the pink screen? Or was it blue? Green? Rainbow? :D :p

20. PlayfulGod

with assistance from hroark13, who found booboos in my kernel with kgsl. At the moment com.android.phone (Phone.apk) goes into fc hell, so have to get that fixed before I can do a release. Runs smooth tho without Phone.apk on there, but kinda useless. Sound isnt working yet either. ;)

LDrifta likes this.
  21. Martin714

Martin714 Android Expert

and ril lol dnt forget tht=p

22. PlayfulGod

well ril is working but needs tweaking ;)

23. D0VeR

D0VeR Android Enthusiast

as always....THANX FOR ALL THE HARD WERK DOOD!

24. PlayfulGod

thank you!! ;)

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews