• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ideos u8150 won't start up...

i have a huawei ideos u8150. i formatted the small files while in recovery mode and when i rebooted the phone it does not start up.. as in it only shows the initialization screen (the android logo) and doesnt do anything else... it wont power off either unless i remove the battery.. i have tried power+volume up+call buttons n still nothing.. and also power+volume down+end button... please help

hi D-U-R-X... after sorting this problem another rose up :(... since i installed the firmware the phone isn't accessing internet via wifi or even the phones network... please help...

A stock rom may not have the right APN settings for your network. You can try going to menu>settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks and make sure access point names are correct for your carrier and that data is enables and you are in fact connecting to the correct carrier.

Wifi you should make sure the antenna is turned on and that you are being given a proper ip address on the network.

Reactions: gilbertchege
Upvote 0
A stock rom may not have the right APN settings for your network. You can try going to menu>settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks and make sure access point names are correct for your carrier and that data is enables and you are in fact connecting to the correct carrier.

Wifi you should make sure the antenna is turned on and that you are being given a proper ip address on the network.

@lunatic59 ... IT WORKED!!! both of them... gosh, thank you so much... i was so frustrated... thank you... :D

Upvote 0
@durx & @lunatic59 thank you guys a bunch.. so i have downloaded the relevant zip files and even drivers... ok i'm a noob :p... how do i install this new mod from the computer?... since i can't boot the phone in recovery...

@lunatic59... by small files i mean all the visible folders u see when u r in clockwork recovery mod...

what do you mean by the necessary zip files because i have this problem too how did you get it to work without going into recovery?

Upvote 0
Ok but can you tell me how to install it because the screen is just hung in the start up logo when I switch it on, so I don't see how you got this to work

sorry again i have taken long to log in in this site, here are the steps of how it will work, i'm sure it will work but if u need more help just mail me on: gilbertchege@yahoo.com

Step 1. A MICRO SD card of 256MB or more should be available. The MICRO SD
card made by Sandisk, Kingstone, or Kingmax is recommended.
Step 2. Format the MICRO SD card (This operation is optional).
Step 3. Unzip the customized package U8150V100R001C18B842.rar (right click your
mouse and select

Upvote 0
sorry again i have taken long to log in in this site, here are the steps of how it will work, i'm sure it will work but if u need more help just inbox me

Step 1. A MICRO SD card of 256MB or more should be available. The MICRO SD
card made by Sandisk, Kingstone, or Kingmax is recommended.
Step 2. Format the MICRO SD card (This operation is optional).
Step 3. Unzip the customized package U8150V100R001C18B842.rar (right click your
mouse and select ‘Extract here’).
Step 4. Obtain the unzipped file (subdirectory: \dload\*.*) to be upgraded
Step 5. Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of
the MICRO SD card.
Step 6. Make sure your handset is power off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the
handset. Pressing the END key and VOLUME UP key, and then press the
POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
Step 7. You can see process bar start from 0 on the screen. Please see below
pictures.

these are the steps for installing the firmware in our country, but the steps are exactly the same in for all countries, all u have to do is get the firm ware for your country.. chill abit i will send u a link where u can download that firmware..

ok, here is the site, just look for ur country and download the firmware, actually inside the zipped download u'll find a pdf document with the instructions :) Huawei Firmware U8150 - MoDaCo
good luck :)

Upvote 0
hey guys thank you :) i have been able to boot and start my phone...

hi there...like you have solve the boot loop problem...
i'm looking from google for my problem and i get here...since i'm a noob please apologize if i got break the rules..:p

ok back to the problem...what have u done to get your phone start again?
it's instal the stock rom?where i can get the stock rom for my X3?i mess arround with CWM in root menu, and not backup my phone..:(
thanx for any help....:D

Upvote 0
hi there...like you have solve the boot loop problem...
i'm looking from google for my problem and i get here...since i'm a noob please apologize if i got break the rules..:p

ok back to the problem...what have u done to get your phone start again?
it's instal the stock rom?where i can get the stock rom for my X3?i mess arround with CWM in root menu, and not backup my phone..:(
thanx for any help....:D

alright.. first of all i found out the link i posted for the stock ROM downloads is broken.. i don't know for how long.. i'm sorry.. secondly u can download the stock rom for x5 (u8800) in this link.. u welcome :) if u need instructions halla.. [GUIDE]All Huawei new&old phones-Install Stock Rom-Full Reset - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have an ideos U8150. I just installed super su in the system and everrthing was woring very well. infact the phones became very fast. Than when i went to rom manager and started to fix permission. I reached a stage when you have to reboot the phone and i did that. But after rebooting the device when it start the ideos icon comes and freezes, and it keeps on repeating the same thing, please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones