1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Idiot needs help: News widget "settings"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rafael, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Rafael

Rafael Android Enthusiast

I am new to the Prime, and to Tablets in general.

Problem:
    I cannot get into the "settings" for the News widget to set my "Weather" location or select news topics.
    There is no "menu" button like there has been on my Original Droid or my Casio Commando.

I really like the stock News and Weather wigdet and would like to find a way to make adjustments.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I use ASUS weather widget for my weather and since the gps is spotty on the Prime, I use manual location. But to answer your question, I'm not seeing a way to adjust the settings for that specific news and weather widget

3. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

On many of the ICS apps, the menu button is in the upper right and looks like a column of three small squares.

Attached Files:

4. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

Never mind...I just tried the app and can't find a way to get into the settings either. Maybe it just uses GPS location? That would be a pretty poor implementation.

5. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Yea, not sure if its using the manual location from 'Location settings' or not.

Like I said to the op, might be better off using the ASUS weather widget for weather

6. Rafael

Thanks for the replies!

I like the Asus weather widget; been using it since I got it.

I miss using the old news widget.....news being the thing I liked most about it.
    It was easy to enter a list of topics and get a page of news for each term.
    Too bad..... I will have to find a new one.

7. Rafael

8. Rafael

The instructions in that link worked like a charm!

It tells you to get an app called "Super Manager" from the Market.
    This app will let you create a desktop shortcut to the News & Weather apps settings.

Pretty cool!

ylexot likes this.
  9. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

Cool! It's always good to learn new tricks. Thanks for letting us know.

10. Tman5293

Tman5293 Well-Known Member

If you are looking for news then pulse is the app to get:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/....pulse&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

It's by far, the best news app for android. You can add as many sources as you want (and there are a huge number of sources to choose from) and arrange them however you want. It also comes with two different sized widgets that allow you to add a news feed from your favorite source to your home screen.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews