• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Roddy

Sep 11, 2009
RadioShack just called and told me "they lost" my preorder. WTF??Then she goes to say if im not in by Friday they wouldn't be able to promise me that they will have it on the 4th.. Sounds like B.S to me.. I know one thing, they are going to make me catch a case with them, especially if i dont get the phone, + my $20 voucher for the accesories.
and yes there's a debit on my account for the $50 bucks..

If you have one of the long printed receipts everyone else mentioned, tell them that's the only thing you were required to bring back. Then tell them you need to speak to the area/district manager to clear this up. You should also tell them losing their list is not your problem until they fail to get you the phone.

Go up the chain on this if they don't guarantee your phone right now.

Upvote 0
yeah i will.. i have the recipt and the gift card here in my desk!! :)

In of course the calm, respecful tone and language that we all always use, let them know you want this resolved immediately and that you will be writing the CEO directly about this experience. It can be a good letter, or an unflattering letter. Let them also know you will post the experience on this site about how the issue was resolved focusing on the facts and what happened. If I were you, I'd call in advance and let them know you'd like to have the name of the Store Manager, the SM's direct supervisor, and that person's direct supervisor all in advance so you know who to give credit to for a quick resolution or escalate to at your own immediate convenience.

I'll bet you get this resolved. I do this with virtually every "problem" I'm first told cannot be resolved and can't think of one that hasn't been resolved. I've even started the escalation calls right there in front of the SM's who appear to be the problem or say they're not authorized. So many of them stop me while I'm dialing or have a canary when I reach the next higher up and tell them I'm standing in a store with the SM who can't resolve a low-level problem. Tunes change so quickly, and I've never had to get loud when doing it.

By the way, this happened to me once and I'll always remembering it as the single most effective way to get things done. I was, in fact, prevented by policy but you can bet that policy changed on the phone when I ended up interrupting a VP over what amounted to pocket change.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones