• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

idont sold had 600,000 pre-orders So!!!

Why are there 600,000 morons?

Lets not become fan-boys ourselves and attack others for their choices. instead lets argue the facts and we might end up better represented in the end.

While the new Iphone is not the monumental shift forward prior generations have been (instead it has been brought more inline with current high end android offerings), it is not a bad phone by any stretch of the imagination. Yes it's US carrier provides abysmal service; yes Iphones are expensive by comparison; and yes some of the new features have received praise, while conveniently ignoring that other phones already in the market do the same thing or do it better. Still, the Iphone has something going for it.

first, as a brand the iphone has been on the market longer than any modern smartphone. This means it has market precense and recognition. Tha alone is probably driving a lot of sales. On the other hand, many of it's applications are extremely well rendered - a common term I've heard thrown about is "Pixel Perfect"). while this doesn't mean that the applications are necessarily good, by and large they are [at this point in time] better rendered than many comparable Android apps (this is especially true of games). Lastly, they have itunes.

Lets face it, Itunes is huge and has an enormous amount of media of all kinds for consumption. Add to that the app store and the fact that people download in apple's proprietary file types and you get a large number of people who have very pretty phones, that are very nicely rendered, and have access to a n enormous amount of media which they can't easily convert to another format. Imagine you have a few thousand songs in apples' format. for the type of computer literate persons that Android tends to attract, converting them to an open format is a given. however to the average user, this may not be the case, and at the thought of loosing their files or being bothered with converting them, many opt to just stay on with what ARE very nice phones, even if the service is no that great.

I don't think that makes anyone a moron (excepet perhaps for the fanboys who regularly berate Android and its phones as if they were somehow lesser systems). If anything it makes them comfortable with what they have and know.

That said, android's inroads into the market continue to rise in quite dramatic fashion. Also I have to wonder how many of the current batch of Iphone preorders are from existing customers, and how will sales continue after the initial new product introdoctury bump. My guess is that once the hype settles down, android's latest batch of super phones will continue to drive android's expansion, while apple's inroads into the market will remain relatively flat and RIM's market share will continue to erode.

Reactions: DaSchmarotzer
Upvote 0
Why are there 600,000 morons?

Lets not become fan-boys ourselves and attack others for their choices. instead lets argue the facts and we might end up better represented in the end.

While the new Iphone is not the monumental shift forward prior generations have been (instead it has been brought more inline with current high end android offerings), it is not a bad phone by any stretch of the imagination. Yes it's US carrier provides abysmal service; yes Iphones are expensive by comparison; and yes some of the new features have received praise, while conveniently ignoring that other phones already in the market do the same thing or do it better. Still, the Iphone has something going for it.

first, as a brand the iphone has been on the market longer than any modern smartphone. This means it has market precense and recognition. Tha alone is probably driving a lot of sales. On the other hand, many of it's applications are extremely well rendered - a common term I've heard thrown about is "Pixel Perfect"). while this doesn't mean that the applications are necessarily good, by and large they are [at this point in time] better rendered than many comparable Android apps (this is especially true of games). Lastly, they have itunes.

Lets face it, Itunes is huge and has an enormous amount of media of all kinds for consumption. Add to that the app store and the fact that people download in apple's proprietary file types and you get a large number of people who have very pretty phones, that are very nicely rendered, and have access to a n enormous amount of media which they can't easily convert to another format. Imagine you have a few thousand songs in apples' format. for the type of computer literate persons that Android tends to attract, converting them to an open format is a given. however to the average user, this may not be the case, and at the thought of loosing their files or being bothered with converting them, many opt to just stay on with what ARE very nice phones, even if the service is no that great.

I don't think that makes anyone a moron (excepet perhaps for the fanboys who regularly berate Android and its phones as if they were somehow lesser systems). If anything it makes them comfortable with what they have and know.

That said, android's inroads into the market continue to rise in quite dramatic fashion. Also I have to wonder how many of the current batch of Iphone preorders are from existing customers, and how will sales continue after the initial new product introdoctury bump. My guess is that once the hype settles down, android's latest batch of super phones will continue to drive android's expansion, while apple's inroads into the market will remain relatively flat and RIM's market share will continue to erode.

I respect, and concur with your approach...i would only become like them

Upvote 0
All this tells me that there are 600,000 morons

i need a little help fighting these guys off
Apple nets 600,000 iPhone 4 pre-orders in one day Boy Genius Report
Nonsense. One size does not fit all with smartphones. Calling those that have different needs/wants "morons" only indicates to me who the real morons are. :rolleyes:

How are you needing to fight them off? Are they attempting to brainwash you somehow by simply preordering? Seriously, it's not even about you or you imagined pissing contest. Pick what you want. Let others pick what they want. This brand loyalty is utterly ridiculous.

Upvote 0
All this tells me that there are 600,000 morons

i need a little help fighting these guys off
Apple nets 600,000 iPhone 4 pre-orders in one day Boy Genius Report
I don't think I'd call them morons. Buying an iPhone is hardly a stupid investment. Granted, most of US would not buy an iPhone, but obviously we are in the minority here.

The people I would call MORONS would be all the people who purchased the iPad. Selling 1 million in 1 month of those monstrosities makes me want to bash my head in. I'll just leave it at that though because I could go on and on about my distaste for that product and it'll just hijack...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones