• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If android didn't exist what phone would you get?

If Android didn't exist...I would have gone for a Samsung Omnia Hd (I8910) or so...
But I now own a Samsung GT-i8320, AKA Vodafone 360 H1 in the UK aswel as my HTC G2 Touch, which has now been debranded and unlocked.

The Samsung runs LiMo, built specifically for Vodafone and is a really nice phone, it would be even better if it had Android running on it, though!:D
Samsung H1 review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what I would have gotten.

When I went into the store last March, I was offered a BB but since there was some recent bad feelings with it (short version: Mom had a BB. Software issue that was completely unique. Replacement would have used up her one handset. Bell gave us the crappiest customer service ever.) I'm not sure if I would have bowed down to that or not. I couldn't afford the iPhone but I needed something that would allow me to text like crazy - most of my friends are out of town so calling them would be disaster.

The only thing I did know was that I *needed* a new phone because my Rumour was shutting off randomly - if I wasn't so paranoid I might not have noticed. My dad's very sick and I could be called at any time to drive him into the hospital and so I need a phone with me wherever I go.

Upvote 0
I would never go with a smartphone/pda without a keyboard. During the palmos days I got a Sony TG-50 and I didn't bother learning graffiti. PalmOS could've been 'android' if they didn't screw up with the licensing and kept up with the times.
But it had a lot of apps and whenever I think of apps that should be on android, I think of the palmos apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones