• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If anyone has any doubts about root + 2.2 OTA leak

richb82

Jul 17, 2010
Just shut up and do it already! It's so easy to do, there's no reason to be scared/worried/skeptical/etc. Took me all of a few minutes to do the complete unrevoked forever, radio update, and flash the OTA. Only time I got worried was when I froze up at the Droid splash screen(which I had installed previously as my first mod when I got the phone) and didn't know if it was going to boot, so I took the battery out and rebooted and it did the same thing. I just let it sit and it eventually booted up. Then it hung out again at the loading screen for a bit, but finally finished. I guess it just needed to initialize? Either way, all is well now and it boots up normally as it did before.

So again, if anyone here is questioning their ability to do this, don't!! I'm by no means a software geek and most of this stuff is braille to me, but the entire process was a cake walk using the directions from the pro's (adrenalyne and the xda forums). Thanks to all those guys for being hardcore enough to make it easy enough for noobs like me! :D:D:D

2.2 has some weird hboot splash screens. I got the exclamation in the triangle with the droid which I hadn't seen before even when I did the old school root and I freaked out, and they have this new one where its the incredible laying down with an exclamation or a question mark, those freaked me out, but it was so simple.

I downloaded the 8/26 leak, used Unrevoked forever for s-off, applied the update, flashed clockwork back on, downloaded the updated Superuser, flashed that using clockwork, added wifi tether back on and restored all my apps in about 45 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones