1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

if buying today - would you buy your note 3 again

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Napalm, Jul 7, 2014.

1. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

I don't know why networks aren't forced to share in low signal areas to boost coverage

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Android Expert

That's been talked about in the UK. It wouldn't actually help at all in my home since my Note 3 is presently on the only network I can actually get a signal. Now often not even that - on account of the Note 3 being so inadequate as a phone. Though dumb phones work OK on that network and only that network here and always have.

3. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

Have you asked your network supplier for a signal booster at home? I got one from three and Vodafone for free. Ee charge for theirs. O2 is a wifi thing.

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Thanks for proving me correct :)

I have heard great things about that battery. Does it add much in terms of size to the device's thickness?

5. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

Apple is great for folks like my wife who just want it to work out of the box and require no learning curve.

6. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Well, there's still a learning curve. I have had to walk both my parents through it when they got iphones. ;)

7. paulw035

paulw035 Member

You could probably ask this question in a years time and still get the same answers. This phone is in my opinion the best out there now. I can't wait to see how good the next note is and my contract is up in September so perfect timing.

8. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I wish had held out and got the N3 instead of the S4. S4 is nice, but the N3 would have been better overall for me amd might have bought one less tablet. Was hoping the G3 panned out for me, but personally find the Qhd too much of a compromise over battery life and performance.

Now will see how the N4 pans out.

9. Dingster1

Dingster1 Newbie

Absolutely yes! Love the screen size, stylus and I get good battery life. 1st phone I don't feel a need to flip around to my backups (Z30, Q10)

10. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Android Enthusiast

Absolutely I would.

I am an upgradeaholic, but find absolutely no reason get the latest phones. LG G3 has over heating and performance issues, S5 is butt ugly. HTC One M8 has rubbish camera. Oneplus One not widely available, nor is the Oppo Find 7.

None of them are better than the Note 3 to the point where I feel like I am missing out on something.

Now, the rumored S5 Prime, that could be another story.

11. Simon_Gardner

S5 prime?

12. Simon_Gardner

I can recommend the Jacques Peretti documentary "The Men Who Made Us Spend" BTW. A three parter - just aired in OZ and also happening in the UK which majored on iPhones etc in part 1 the other day. On upgrade fanaticism and planned obsolescence in tech in particular. Well worth a watch.

There's a Youtube link at the moment here.

In the UK iPlayer link is here.

JimSmith94 likes this.
  13. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I am seriously considering the OnePlus One.

I know an invite will be coming in soon for me here, I just would have to switch carriers since it doesn't support VZW :(

14. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

here's what i didn't get a good read on. Is it because the One Plus didn't want try and work on VZ, or was it because VZ didn't want to deal with CM?

I have big hopes for the one Plus line.

15. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

It's because it is a GSM phone and verizon is CDMA network.

16. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

but it should also LTE Granted I could see VZ not wanting a device on their netowrk that doesn't have CDMA backup.

but really adding that to a circuit would be minimal at best and open it up for other markets too.

oh well.

17. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

My note 3 is the best phone I've ever owned but it is a little too big for me. I was also forced to root to get underline spelling errors functionality. Knowing that I would not have purchased a Samsung phone. I do not care for auto spell correct but really like underline spelling errors.

18. Simon_Gardner

Having looked up this S5 Prime rumours (as above) I'm not sure I see any point in a metal back if you are always going to put a robust case round it anyway?

19. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

I don't get metal phones.they dent and restrict signal. I'd imagine the shock transferred from a drop wouldn't do much good the electronics either. Like the glass on iPhones I see a lot shattered.

20. Simon_Gardner

The size was a very big plus for me making the picture image getting towards the size of an old fashioned enprint - which is a major use of my device. I certainly wouldn't bother with anything smaller.

21. Tee52

Tee52 Lurker

Yes I would buy it again. We love our Note 3 phones!!

22. armirol

armirol Well-Known Member

I love my N3 and will definitively get it again (if you can afford it), battery life is just AWESOME as is the screen and its size (for my old eyes :p), and i love the S-Pen. Then, there is nothing you can't do with that phone and i didn't need to root it (t-mobile version but i use Metropcs, same thing but far cheaper).

As many mentioned in the forum, some of the N3 features are just ok: camera is good but not that great, reception is not that great either, sound is just correct, issue with a bug with SD cards, S-voice sucks and you can't switch to anything else, GPS and accelerometer are not great, etc... but there is nothing bad with it.

Frankly, i see a friend with a N2 and he is doing all the same exact things that i do and his photos are a bit better (despite lower resolution), so it's a faster but not that much improved version of the N2 and if you are on a budget, N2 are more affordable and same battery life!

If you don't need the S-Pen or a huge battery, go for something different: the HTC One is awesome or the Nexus 5 which is the best you can get for you money (unless the OnePlus One becomes available)!

Else, i highly recommend the Note 3.

23. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

some people here seem to think Motorola makes the best radios (not going to argue this one) but I'm not sure on the actual phone and they've also been slow to provide updates. So the next question is, what GOOD smart phone out there has the best radio because I'm not sure that would be Samsung.

24. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

I was talking to a Sprint Tech Support rep today and just happened to ask him which phone is the most reliable for Sprint. He said basically all the HTCs seem good. He gets the least amount of calls on them. I'm not arguing this either as I do like HTC.

25. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Only thing I don't like is seeing how LG managed to squeeze 5.5 inch screen into a much smaller physical form factor. If I didn't use the s-pen often, that would be the phone for me, without question.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews