• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If I buy a phone and sign up for service at BB or RS do I still get 30 days?

Lindseybp

Apr 18, 2010
I'm going to be switching to Sprint to try out the EVO and will probably be getting it at Best Buy or Radio Shack. Will I still have the 30 days free trial even though I don't buy it from a Sprint store? If I decide to return it do I return to BB/RS or to a sprint store? Thanks.

I used to work for Best Buy mobile and at Best Buy you still get your 30 day trial period you also dont have any mail in rebates so it saves you money instantly.
If a phoe is free it means free
not $100 dollars now and you'll get the money back later.

Another thing that makes Best Buy a great place to buy a phone is they have good insurance options and less of a line.

Reactions: Lindseybp
Upvote 0
I used to work for Best Buy mobile and at Best Buy you still get your 30 day trial period you also dont have any mail in rebates so it saves you money instantly.
If a phoe is free it means free
not $100 dollars now and you'll get the money back later.

Another thing that makes Best Buy a great place to buy a phone is they have good insurance options and less of a line.

Yea he is correct. I just started at Best Buy Mobile. The insurance they offer is way better then what you get a sprint. The 30 day trial period is no questions asked. Just bring it back if you don't like it!

Upvote 0
One other question. Is it possible to get the EVO, have a new phone number assigned, and then port my current number over after a week or two? Long story short I have a company blackberry and have to get rid of it and am working through porting the number over to myself from the company. Not sure if it will be done by Friday though. Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

Upvote 0
GMJLOPEz or MEAGANMEISTER, maybe you can help me. I asked on a different thread but no answer yet, can I get the phone at BB even though I'm not eligible for an upgrade just yet? The CS Rep from Sprint told me yes, but Im not too sure. Here's my original post with the whole story:
I called Sprint yesterday and told them I was going to be upgrading my plan next Friday when the EVO comes out, I currently have a "$50 Free & Clear Plan". They told me that my upgrade eligibility isn't until next Feb. and they can't move it up, it has nothing to do with upgrading my plan, so I won't be able to get the phone for $199, which I pretty much already knew. But, the very nice CS rep offered me a $240 discount on my new 2 year plan once I upgrade next Friday, but it's $10 per month for the length of the contract. She also told me that I do qualify for a $75 discount on the EVO, or any new phone, instead of the eligible upgrade. And that's not all, :p, I also got a 10% discount on my monthly bill for belonging to a credit union. The best part, after I told her that I had already pre-ordered my EVO at BB, she told me that I could still get all of this through BB. Can anyone who works at BestBuy confirm this? If not, I'm gonna have to stand in line at Sprint on Friday to take advantage of all these discounts. :thinking:

Upvote 0
One other question. Is it possible to get the EVO, have a new phone number assigned, and then port my current number over after a week or two? Long story short I have a company blackberry and have to get rid of it and am working through porting the number over to myself from the company. Not sure if it will be done by Friday though. Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

I was wondering something similar. I ported my number from AT&T to Sprint on EVO launch day without a hitch.

I've been told by a Sprint customer service rep that I could port my number to a different carrier if I wanted to return the EVO during the 30-day "no quibble" period, but they made it pretty clear you'd have to be all signed up and approved with your new carrier and get the number ported before you returned the Sprint phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones