1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If I can't use my telephone number

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dontpanicbobby, May 17, 2021.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Without spam. I'm never using it again.
    American something plan from the honest to God US Census got me a robocall.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

{Horrid Indian accent}
    {very fast speaking}

"Hello, my friend!
    Mr. Don't, I am so sorry to inform you that our systems have detected a most severe security situation with your account.

It is very lucky for you that our company has teamed up with Interpool to track these kinds of issues across the world, but it is unfortunate for you to have been infected with this malware virus that is sure to provide for a slow Google Windows Microsoft experience for you, and most assuredly can result in the loss of your data and finances once the malware virus has fully implemented itself into your operating system and forwarded all of your passcodes to the source of this malware virus.

Our company has assigned me to personnally assist you in finding and ridding your operating system of this malware virus before it becomes too late to do so, and all of your data and passcodes become at risk for loss or theft.

In order for me to be of the utmost assistance to you, Mr. Don't, I must first link your computer system with mine.

If you would please be kind enough, my friend, to turn on your computer and then provide me with your passcode then we can begin the process of removing the malware virus from your operating system."

3. puppykickr

"Mr. Don't?

Are you there, my friend?
    I am most eager to help you to rid your operating system of the malware virus that is providing for you a slow Google Windows Microsoft experience."

4. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

lol

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i think regardless what you do, you will always get spam or phone scams. unfortunately, there is not much you can do. on a mobile phone, you can use some apps like youmail to reduce the amount that gets to you......but in the end you will still get them.

Milo Williamson and Dannydet like this.
  6. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Yeah and really creepy text when you are super busy.
    Give them a call back and say "I am sorry for ruining your dinner."

7. puppykickr

Without trying to sound hateful, I tend to know approximately where these calls are coming from, and the particular sort of people that perpetrate them.

Not all, I am sure, but at least the vast majority that have made terroristic (clue) use of the home phone at my place.

I consider that I have this knowlege by the reactions of the caller when I ask certain questions.

If the response is similar to "%7'( you American scum!", or "I am going to blow up your house", then I know that my assumptions are correct.

Yes, they have actually said that they were going to bliw up my house, kill my family, etc.

I even reported it to the government, who of course was not interested at all.

I fought this crap for more than two years, and the problem actually lies with the service providers.

And you can forget about the Do Not Call List as well.
    That is a total load of BS.

These people will actually get the list and call the numbers on it, because they know that the numbers are active.

The government and the service providers are complicit with the scammers.