• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help If I didn't receive the update, does this mean I have to apply it manually?

killeronly001

Jul 25, 2010
My brother received the update this morning, but I never received, and neither did my friend. I am wondering, will this be fixed these days? or does this mean I have to apply manually? I am not a professional at that type of thing, I am not too familiar with smart phones, so I am worried if I apply it manually I would screw something up.

I saw somewhere that Sprint was going to push out the updates in waves. This way they can avoid the network being clogged by having portions of the population update at a time, instead of the entire population of Evo owners downloading the update simultaneously.

I would expect that everyone should have received the notification by now (2 days after release), but if not, keep going to Menu -> Settings -> System Updates -> HTC Software Update and hitting the "Check Now" button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones