• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help If I hard reset my phone, does that erase the SD card back to factory too?

Connectz

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2010
Neptune
If I hard reset my phone, does that erase the SD card back to factory too? I need to know so I can backup everything on the sd to my desktop first if necessary.

And one more question, how do I hard reset my phone to get it back to factory settings?

Also, what will happen to my paid apps? I actually paid for Beautiful Widget and when I restore, I don't want to use the same gmail to set up my contacts as before cuz that account gets too much spam...

If I hard reset my phone, does that erase the SD card back to factory too? I need to know so I can backup everything on the sd to my desktop first if necessary.

And one more question, how do I hard reset my phone to get it back to factory settings?

No the card is a separate reformat operation. You card will be fine.

Reactions: Connectz
Upvote 0
No they will come up again through the market. You will loose your free apps however.

I paid for beautiful widgets under a different email address... Now that I signed into my phone with the gmail addy that I REALLY want to use, it says I have to buy it again...

I really REALLY don't want to use my old gmail as it gets too much spam... I want to start with a fresh new gmail...

Upvote 0
I paid for beautiful widgets under a different email address... Now that I signed into my phone with the gmail addy that I REALLY want to use, it says I have to buy it again...

I really REALLY don't want to use my old gmail as it gets too much spam... I want to start with a fresh new gmail...

I got it, I logged into my "spam" acct downloaded it and then logged out of my spam acct...

Upvote 0
If I want to cleanse my system of all the free apps on there now, can I just do a normal factory reset? Do they redownload and install by logging into my gmail again? Will paid apps automatically start to install?

your apps are not backed up by google.

you will need to manually download your paid apps from the market. The market itself has stored the information that you have payed and you will not have to pay again...

or, as mentioned...you can use appbrain to manage your apps

Upvote 0
If i hard reset my evo, will it delete my clockwork backups?

No, those are stored on the sdcard, which will not be wiped. You should probably copy them to your computer, first, though, just to be safe. Of course, if you have clockwork backups, I'll assume you're rooted, in which case, you should just be wiping data from recovery rather than performing a factory reset. It's the same thing anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones