1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If I missed the update...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lowtech, May 16, 2010.

1. lowtech

lowtech Member

... will it be sent again? I wanted to charge my battery first, but when I checked under Notifications the notice was gone. Will it be sent again, or should I go somewhere to download it? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Member

Menu. Settings. About phone. Check for system update.

3. lowtech

lowtech Member

There it is! Thank you! Downloading now... fingers crossed! If it eats my contacts I will stick pins in an Eris doll... :eek:

4. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Android Enthusiast

download a contacts backup app first. export to sd card. easy.

5. lowtech

lowtech Member

I do have backups - a little anal about those, which is not all bad... I'll report back when this adventure draws to a close - whatever the outcome.

6. lowtech

lowtech Member

What an odd update! It left some of my stuff on the screens - removed other things - Really, all I want is a phone with a stronger signal and my calendar and contacts, and email accounts. Looks like a long day... However, it did not lock up (although it stayed on some parts of the update so long that I thought it had...) and basically I guess all is well.

Thanks for the help along the way!

7. lowtech

lowtech Member

Update: All of my Google contacts, mail, calendar, etc., seem to have synched without problems. All apps, photos, etc., appear to be in there, but I now must reconfigure all my screens. As a long-time Palm user I had several folders with apps in them - all gone.

My primary hope was for a better signal. I am not seeing any improvement. This means that I now get to set up all my stuff again without the one feature I was hoping for. :(

Well, I can now say I am SO cutting edge... I guess! :p

Meh.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews