1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General If I switch to a different android phone...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zenman, Apr 17, 2010.

1. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    will I be able to transfer the paid apps from the Eris to the new phone?

Advertisement

2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    yes. they are connected to your google account so as long as you sing into the same google account when you switch you will be fine

3. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    ^^ What he said. You can also have multiple accounts on one phone, or one account on multiple phones.

Is said Android phone on the same carrier? If not, it MIGHT cause some problems, but usually not. I know GayT&T is always up to no good.

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010

only reason it would cause problems is if you were switching from a carrier specific app. i know on verizon there is the my verizon etc, obviously you cant use that on a "gayt&t" phone.

5. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    "GayT&T" Lol.

Thanks for the answers folks, this is good news. (I'm probably gonna jump ship for the Incredible or Nexus One. I've been month to month on the Eris. I love the phone but I still have my NE2 credit to use, gotta move up!)

6. smacky

Jan 11, 2010

Incredible>>> the Nexus One. If they ever announce the N1 for VZW, it will be priced lower than the Incredible. It has to be. The Incredible is N1 2.0.

And yes, "GayT&T" makes me chuckle every time.

7. I hear "StrayT&T" now and then around where I live.

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    Actually, when my girlfriend had to replace her phone none of her apps showed up on the new one. None of her's were paid apps though. That may be the difference.

9. tavaruanative

tavaruanative New Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I am switching all of my data from my HTC Droid Eris to a brand new replacement. My google account has uploaded all my contacts to the replacement and I switched the SD cards which took care of my saved Pics etc. None of my apps have shown up on the replacement besides the pre existing loaded ones from HTC and google.

10. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Yeah, they don't just show up, you have to redownload them, it will already say purchased though.