1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

if only I could print.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nynvolt, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

I don't quite understand how to print from the "cloud" and cannons print app includes just about every printer they've ever made except mine. The native print app on my phone doesn't support my printer either. If I could just print it would make my life so much easier. My laptop is decent but it takes 20 minutes at least to fire it up and print a PDF from my email.

Any suggestions? Its the last reason for me to keep a computer. I'd love to b able to do everything from my N7 and phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Try Google cloud print. Needs a chrome extension on the computer unless you have a Google cloud print compatible printer in which case it just works perfectly.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Android Enthusiast

Or get a new printer :). I was surprised to discover the Epson iPrint app that can print to my Espon Artisan network printer (not that I ever actually use it, but I tried it once and it did work). I think it can scan as well.

4. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions. The printer is a year or two old, they still sell this model, mp620.

5. R0llTide

R0llTide Member

I use printershare. I have a wireless printer and it works great on my nexus 7 and galaxy nexus. Try the free app to print a test page to make sure that you can print to your printer via a wireless connection to your pc.

nynvolt likes this.
  6. Les Common

Les Common Member

Here's another vote for Epson.

Got a Workforce 645. Trivially easy to print to wirelessly from either my Bionic or my N7.

Was pleasantly surprised.

-les

7. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

I have a Brother wireless printer and use their app to scan and print to and from my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. Very nice app as well as nice budget laser printer.

8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Printershare for me, got it back when Amazon App store first came out, and they had a bunch of great apps for free.