1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

If S8 is QC4.0 - What's the best portable charger (power bank) that's available? Anker 3.0? or any?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leonote, May 23, 2017.

1. leonote

leonote Newbie

If S8 is QC4.0 - What's the best portable charger (power bank) that's available? Anker 3.0? or any such as PowerIQ?

Does it matter?

If I opt for 3.0, will my S8 go from 4.0 speed to 3.0 or standard speed?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Although the s835 supports QC4.0 there's no indication that the S8 does. The Exynos version of course will not, but Samsung nowhere claim that the Snapdragon version does, and reviews claim that it supports QC2.0 in addition to Samsung's own "adaptive charging".

QC is always supposed to be backward
    compatible with the earlier versions.

3. leonote

leonote Newbie

so what is it then? qc2.0 or qc3.0

more directly, what anker power bank is best for s8?

qc2.0
    qc3.0
    power iq

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I've told you what I know: reviews say QC2.0, Samsung don't seem to advertise (presumably because if their adaptive charging is based on QC2.0 this might look "old" if they tell people).

My own Anker has QC3.0 and IQ, and I assume it would handle a QC2.0 device fine - as I say, these things are supposed to be backward compatible, and in general the device controls charging and the charger just has to be able to supply what's needed.

5. Nikolay F

Nikolay F Lurker

Since QC4.0 is compatible with USB Power Delivery you can actually use a Type C charger with PD.
    For my car for instance I purchased this one and it works:
    http://amzn.to/2H8Hqk9
    Regards...

6. akwon1989

akwon1989 Lurker

what is this symbol between the alarm clock and th3 wireless? on the top of the screen.

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews